Piedra Lisa Trail #135

Piedra Lisa Trail #135 is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Placitas, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This was a beautiful trail. I dont think I actually made the whole trail so I may have to hike this one again in the spring just to make sure. All in all this was a great hike with beautiful views!

Going down was easy with a few moderate and steep declines. It was definitely fast so be careful. I had my dog and had to climb down first then have him jump into my arms. Just as a heads up.

Beautiful

Trailhead is off a dirt road which was pretty fun to get to. Trail is marked and is pretty steep in places. The views are great and has a variety of vegetation along the way. We did feel the heat of the day make sure you take plenty of water and sunscreen. I would make this trek again for sure!

Great exercise! My sister and I completed this hike last weekend. Very rocky and steep in some areas but overall a decent trail. We only ran into 4 people so it was very peaceful. Had a lot of fun and felt very accomplished afterward!

Nice trail with excellent views

The first 1/3 mile was easy--but it gets much steeper and rockier after that. Not much shade in the summer--bring lots of water. Very remote--trailhead is isolated.

You have to drive up forest loop road a few miles to find the trail head. Great hike.

Nice trip for all. Starts out in the Juniper/Pinon Forest and end up in the Ponderosa Pines. Moderately strenuous and peaceful.