La Bajada Trail

La Bajada Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Drove all the way here and the trail is closed. Disappointing waste of time.

This looks like a lovely hike, but we drove to it and found ourselves on private roads that said "keep out". Off of 16 we turned towards "Tetilla Peak Recreation Area" but there was no actual road marking that it was Tetilla Rd. We can to a barrier on the road and had to go right, but it does seem to follow the map with the hard right. We found the dirt road in the directions (when you zoom in) but no trail. Any suggestions?
Thanks

I don't know the history of this place but I could feel it. The trail is what I take to be a working ranch road. But you might get the feeling, like I did, that you're walking one Old Road. Maybe the original path up the ancient escarpment, La Bajada. Each hairpin and attendant straightaway offers surprising variations of consistently mind-blowing vistas of the Ortiz, Jemez, and Sandia ranges. Our youthful companions and a sudden drop in temperature, limited our approach to the top. A friendly, fellow hiker told us that you can make a loop of it by closing the northern and southern spurs by hiking along the mesa rim.

Neat area with lots of surprises. most just do the west side and up top. The east is better.