Holy Ghost Creek Trail

Holy Ghost Creek Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tererro, NM that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until November.

Holy Ghost Creek (Trail 283) is located east of Torrero, N.M. off F.R. 122 at the end of Holy Ghost Campground. Good trail to get you to the lake country for Backpacking too. Dirt trail that crosses a stream several times and have several switchbacks.

Great hike. Realize there are 2 trailheads. One high and one low along the river. They meet up about a mile down the path.

Though I was not filled with what so many do not know is the light of the sun, still, I felt the reverence for nature which aught to be commonly known to the righteous... Upon reaching the climax of this holy trail a calming spirit falls over you as you travel through the forest. The late afternoon light casting beams with some hidden purpose enters the soul, pulling you further out, further up...

Beautiful hike! A nice little bit of uphill climb at the end where it goes up to the ridge. Due to the overall elevation I'd probably rate this one as "moderate".

Absolutely beautiful. There was a bit more uphill than I expected from the "easy" classification, but overall I would highly recommend it. The creek is lovely and it provides some much appreciated greenery.

Great hike. Went with my wife that was pregnant and walked 8miles on the trail. Great. Crossed the creek a couple times and had fun

This trail did not disappoint. Lovely meadows with wild flowers. Pine and aspen forests with waist high ferns. The creek was very active but we kept our feet dry despite 6 or 7 crossings. Hiking poles came in handy.

The turnaround spot is marked by a wooden sign at the intersection with Winsor trail. It is at the top of a pretty nice climb. I'm not sure I would call this trail "easy".

GPS led us astray on way to trail head. Keep your eyes peeled for the soft left turn off of 63 to Holy Ghost. The road is very rough but we did ok in our rented Sonata.

Nice little trail. Lots and lots of wildflowers. The trail ends at the creek. There are some log crossings that allow you to cross the creek and explore a bit. The creek is documented as having native trout but it is very small and one would need to find some deeper areas for fishing. Over all a very nice hike with some awesome views.

Beautiful trail plush with green and wild flowers, a nice juxtaposition to the abq desert.

This is a beautiful trail for plant identification. As one previous review stated, there is an incredible variety of flowers. This is one of the most botanically diverse areas I've found in New Mexico.

I hiked this trail and fished the Creek with no luck but it was still worth the effort.

What's to say, God's country

this trail was money! we started at the parking lot before you enter the campground and saw some great wilderness before we hiked along the creek. an amazing amount of wildflowers and hummingbirds. the hike to the junction to the lakes took us about 3hrs round trip.

This trip is a lovely trip that starts at the end of the Holy Ghost Campground (Trail 283). I suggest parking just outside the campground, or you will have to pay to rent a camping spot. As the name suggests, you will have access to a creek often, which can be a nice and refreshing. This trail is classified as Moderate but do keep in mind there are several switchbacks to deal with (Esp. if you have children). This trail is also a great for Backpackers seeking to get to some of the lakes like Katherine via Trail 254. Sorry for the repeat, but Alltrails says I didn't actually do this trail even though my review is just below this one.