Embudito Trail to South Sandia Peak

Embudito Trail to South Sandia Peak is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Albuquerque, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Barb Roberts is talking about Embudo trail Not Embudito Trail-directions are correct.

There seems to be some confusion here....The Embudo trail starts at the top of Indian School (or the top of Menaul if you want to go an extra 1/2 mile or so) and the Embudito Trail begins north of the top of Montgomery.

the views are beautiful. I have fun every time I hike this trail.

Around 2006, I drove to Embudo canyon late at night and slept in an arroyo because I was real depressed. The next morning I decided to walk up the trail to the top of the mountain. At the top, I got on this other trail I encountered, and it ended up going way southeast. By the time I got to the bottom, it was dark and I was in Tijeres. The only person I could reach to pick me up was my ex girlfriend. I didn't eat anything all day. She took me to Jack In The Box and I ate a ton of gross food. Ha.