Devisadero Peak Trail

Devisadero Peak Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Taos, New Mexico that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Devisadero is a trail near Taos, New Mexico. It is a 6.4 mile loop with great sweeping views of the valley below. There are sections that are quite technical, and some that are smooth and fast. If you ride Devisadero, you are going to climb climb climb!

Great day and great trail. Expected more snow but trail was in great shape in all areas. Recommend this trail.

Easy access and beautiful views.

We hiked this 6 mile loop and loved every minute of it. It is a bit of work out for not too bad for some fit 60 year olds. The views on the way up are stunning. Got to meet a local with his son and grandson, such a great thing for a family to do! If you are in the area I would highly recommend this one!

The trail starts from the road and begins climbing steeply right away. I did this trail as a loop. I turned right at the signpost giving me the option of left or right, about a half mile up the trail. I stopped periodically to catch my breath and take some photos. There are several false peaks before you get to the top where you'll find the stone thrones. You have to walk away from there to see the view. I continued on the path in front of the "chairs" to make the loop. I expected it to be all downhill from there and planned to run it. I was wrong! You have to do quite a bit of climbing up and down canyons to get back down that way. I did this hike on September 11 and only ran into 6 other hikers and one cyclist - a couple of locals and a couple of visitors like me. Total hiking time was 2 hours, 10 minutes not counting stops to chat and take photos.

Great morning hike good views of Taos

Kids in tow. Didn't get to the top. Stopped at an Outlook with a gorgeous view. was fantastic.

Great loop trail.

Aka #108, this had some great views of Taos & surrounding areas, and was a good moderate hike. Easy to follow trails and wasn't very steep anywhere.

Great hiking! Good trails for walking and running. Beautiful views of Taos area.

Excellent trail for running! I'd definitely recommend for anyone training/acclimating to higher elevations.

Excellent trail. Will get your heart rate up.