Dale Ball Trails North

Dale Ball Trails North is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Santa Fe, NM and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Great trail! Easily marked and plenty of options to make the hike harder or easier if you need. Awesome views. I would hike here regularly if I lived nearby!

Great hike. It took us about 3 hrs do to one of the loops. We had two kids ages 3 and 4 and they walked the trail easily. The drawback of this hike is that it is not remote. You will wander around people's homes, across a road and aside a road. The upside is watching the trail runners and mountain bikers.

Great day! Hiked for 2.4 hours; did parts of the loop 2 times.

Wonderful loop with nice views ; perfect fall weather

Great place! My dog & I loved it! Little nippy today but the sky was wont!

we took the Sierra del Norte trail head for the 3 mile loop and it was fantastic! terrain had slight inclines but totally manageable for even those with minimal fitness ability.

We hiked over 2 miles of this cool trail. Saw a lot of wildlife. Amazing views of the mountains! The air is laced with the smells of piñon and fir trees. Very close to the city so it's convenient. I didn't consider it too challenging however I am fairly active. You may find it a challenge if you aren't fit. My mum (65) and standard poodle (8) slowed down about halfway but enjoyed it. I'd love to go back for a run. I found it better than Chamisa Trail because even though it is windy, I didn't get vertigo or feel like I was in danger of falling if I took a wrong step. The trail is very well marked. You can plot your own course to go for a long or short hike.

Well marked trails close to town. Good views at the upper levels. Lots of sun exposure and can be hot in the summer. Good trail for exercise but nothing spectacular.

I mountain bike this trail by my self, there are lots of beautiful scenes and the trails are great. You will see people hiking and biking too!
It took me about 1.5 hours taking a few breaks. I recommend!

Nice climb. Not really sure if we stayed on this or ventured onto Picacho Peak trail at some point because we just kept going up rather than starting descent at one point, so our hike was an out & back, rather than a loop. But what we did follow of this trail had some beautiful hiking through the wooded foothills before starting to climb. Met some cool people out there (not crowded in anyway, just a few fellow hikers) with their dogs. Amazing views from up towards the top. A moderately easy, very enjoyable few hrs.

We hiked 2.5 miles of these trails after a light snow in January. 28 degrees. We were pleasantly surprised how easily we could track the single path trails. Never worried about wandering astray. Superb maps and markers along the way to confirm your whereabouts. And they have trail stewards who apparently keep the trails well groomed and identified. Quite lovely and supremely quiet in the fresh snow.

Fantastic.

So this is a 2nd review on the same trail - I returned this am for a sunrise trail run. Mon. am early Nov - temp ~ 30 deg.
I really enjoyed the run. High desert meets pinon & juniper forest. This is a superb resource just outside of town. Would be 5star for mtn bikes and is equally enjoyable for trail runs. Feels wild and remote but there are homes here and there throughout the area.

Cool day with some patches of snow here and there. Nice trail - easy/moderate for what we did. Beautiful views a plenty!!

Good for mountain biking. Not as good for hiking, but ok if you're in a pinch.