Dale Ball Trails North

Dale Ball Trails North is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Wonderful winter hike. Fresh snow and sun!

absolutely beautiful!!! easy hike eith plenty to look at :)

Great trail! Easily marked and plenty of options to make the hike harder or easier if you need. Awesome views. I would hike here regularly if I lived nearby!

Great hike. It took us about 3 hrs do to one of the loops. We had two kids ages 3 and 4 and they walked the trail easily. The drawback of this hike is that it is not remote. You will wander around people's homes, across a road and aside a road. The upside is watching the trail runners and mountain bikers.

Great day! Hiked for 2.4 hours; did parts of the loop 2 times.

Wonderful loop with nice views ; perfect fall weather

Great place! My dog & I loved it! Little nippy today but the sky was wont!

we took the Sierra del Norte trail head for the 3 mile loop and it was fantastic! terrain had slight inclines but totally manageable for even those with minimal fitness ability.

We hiked over 2 miles of this cool trail. Saw a lot of wildlife. Amazing views of the mountains! The air is laced with the smells of piñon and fir trees. Very close to the city so it's convenient. I didn't consider it too challenging however I am fairly active. You may find it a challenge if you aren't fit. My mum (65) and standard poodle (8) slowed down about halfway but enjoyed it. I'd love to go back for a run. I found it better than Chamisa Trail because even though it is windy, I didn't get vertigo or feel like I was in danger of falling if I took a wrong step. The trail is very well marked. You can plot your own course to go for a long or short hike.

Well marked trails close to town. Good views at the upper levels. Lots of sun exposure and can be hot in the summer. Good trail for exercise but nothing spectacular.