Borrego-Bear Wallow-Winsor Triangle Trail

Borrego-Bear Wallow-Winsor Triangle Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Fe, NM that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Simple and short trail, challenging in parts but mostly easy. Better marked than most. Pretty sights along the way.

Beautiful hike specially with the leaves changing colors..well maintained and quite a few other hikers and Mt. bikers on the trail.

Between the Borrego and the Bear I cannot say is an easy choice but since this trail travels both one need not devour the other. Great trail, very well planned in a relatively small triangle. Enjoyed it immensely.

A Little slippery at times but expected for a down hill up hill hike. Great tall trees so it's a good summer hike. Good for dogs too.
We did the entire loop w a 4 year old and a 7 year old. A little tough for them but they made it :)

Perfect trail for workout and views. Nice shaded trail

This is a nice loop trail, well-shaded, easy with some climbing. You don't get views like with other hikes, but it's a good way to start trail running. Good for kids and dogs.

just beautiful!

Lovely trail, beautiful wooded trail with ups and downs and great features...

Loved it!

Nice gentle trail. Shaded, creek half way.

Borrego and Bear Wallow connect to make a triangular loop. Either direction is basically downhill going in with a flat middle zone and uphill on the exit. Nice water feature on the inner flat portion where the trail parallels the creek. Trail # are 150, 254, 182. Entrance is on the left after passing the exit of the Hyde memorial Park.

Very nice trail, lots of shade in many areas. Gradual uphill for much of the return hike.

So lovely. The Bear Wallow Trail Connects the Windsor Trail with a paved parking are just above Hyde State Park. The trails descends about 800 feet on its way down to Windsor Creek, a gradually descent (and returning ascent). Such a lovely woods - ta nice mix of aspen and firs and shrub oak. Enough moisture for wonderful aromas.

This trail is my "home trail". It was my very first trail and my introduction to my new love of hiking. The first time I did this trail, I had no gear. I brought a handmade backpack with water bottles and wore gym shoes. I slipped on my tailbone, took a wrong turn and realized that I look down most of the time. A week later I ventured this trail again, this time with hiking boots, a real hiking backpack that fit, trekking poles and a bladder. What a difference. I looked up more, was less tired and didn't slip at all. This was trail was beautiful the first time around but the second and third times were even better.

Great! Beautiful day

This is a nice loop with the Borrego & Winsor trails. Beautiful forests and a nice stream make this trip worth it.