Aspen Vista Trail

Aspen Vista Trail is a 11.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Santa Fe, New Mexico that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Just beautiful.

My wife and I found this trail looking for the "Aspen Vista trail" (which I'm not sure exists). This trail starts in the big parking lot right near mile marker 14 (between 13 and 14). The actual trail start is just to the left and past the gate which leads most people down a 'trail' that is actually a park road.

It starts steep (for us - who are not traditional hikers) but gets easier for most of it until you get to the last 100-200 yds. from the peak of the mountain. In between are forests of Aspens and a beautiful meadow with a great view of Santa Fe. Once at the top, you arrive at the chair lift for the ski area. My Apple watch/phone clocked it at a little more than a mile up and another back.

We enjoyed it very much.