Alien Run Trail at Hart Canyon

Alien Run Trail at Hart Canyon is a 8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aztec, NM that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice well maintained trail with great flow for both trail running and mountain biking.

Awesome

Amazing trail.

This review is for trail running:

Real nice ebb and flow on alien run, well maintained single track. Not very technical. I usually run in Durango where its steep climbs sharp descents etc. This lets you get in rythm.
Outerlimits was a little more rugged but still had really nice flow to it.
5/5

Mountain biking- would be fun- 4.5/5

Hiking- i would look elsewhere, views aren't crazy since there are no peaks, but you get to see a lot of land. 3/5

PS. the trail head is hard to find. look at link for trail head (it's at the very bottom)

This trail is pretty fun. It winds through the pinions with many short climbs and descents. Not technical, but there are plenty of fast sections. Make sure to do the Black Hole. It is an extra loop that is probably only a couple hundred yards, but it is super technical slickrock. Best technical section that I have found in New Mexico thus far (not saying much). The Farmington and Aztec areas seem like they have perfect terrain for biking but there just don't seem to be many great trails at this point.

I had a blast on this trail. It was pretty technical but for the most part fun. Me and my buddy did the 9 mile loop. We did the black hole and it was the coolest trail we have ever done. It was great. Great memories. And I know I will be riding this trail more often.

This is a great trail for beautiful views and beginner riders. I am pretty fit and the 5 mile ride was really fun. I am not a very experienced bike rider and the challenges where perfect to keep me on my toes but not to scary. My friend who rides a lot does the 10 and 20 mile loops and he loves them. Easy access, nice parking lot, friendly people.

i took this trail for almost 8 miles. the black hole at mile 2.5ish is kinda technical but a lot of fun