Wyanoke High Point Trail

Wyanoke High Point Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ringwood, New Jersey that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

I enjoyed the trail but my intentions were to hike Wyanoke High Point and then onto Chikahoki Falls but the maps I brought along and the trail flares (or lack there of) weren't of much use. I think hiking Wyanoke is pretty straight forward and well mapped/flared out but beyond it, it might get difficult. Definitely have a GPS (or luck out and meet a nice bunch of locals who will help point you in the right direction) of some sort because it might be hard to navigate without it. Regarding High Point itself, its not too challenging of a hike and the best views are near the summit.

The trail and the view are beautiful. I had a great time on this hike BUT
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING
-Unlike the description on alltrails there are multiple hike routes for this trail and they are
1. definitely longer than 3 miles (think more like 10-15)
2. not necessarily a loop

Since the map is totally awful (for multiple reasons, but one being there is no indication of distance whatsoever) I assumed the 1 actual loop (green/blue trail) is the 3 mile loop. Since from the map it is the only trail that loops around.
My BF and I began at the highland natural pool (this is where the GPS will take you direct from the app). We were hiking for about 3 hours following the blue trail (we took a detour to highpoint, then went back to blue), thinking we must be close to the exit, we see a group of people and they said the exit was about 20 mins away, but "by the waterfall". Now entering a slight panic (since the sun was getting ready to set) we headed that way (still following blue trail). We get out to the street and asked a family who was there if they knew where the natural pool was and they said about 7 miles. Another 1-1.5 hours after going back into the woods OR 7-8 miles of walking on the street. No cell service available, sun is setting. The family was kind enough to give us a ride to our car (about 10-15 min drive).
I still highly recommend this hike, it is super fun, great view etc. But I want to make sure the description is clear to everyone. I don't want anyone to end up in a similar situation. Happy hiking!

Awesome day on this trail....seen 6 wild turkeys and a couple deer.... Views were spectacular on high point.... Definitely one of my favorites

The views are really nice