Wells Mills Trail

Wells Mills Trail is a 7.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Waretown, NJ that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wells Mills County Park 905 Wells Mills Road Waretown, NJ 08758 609-971-3085

South Jersey is awash in insects until the birds have a chance to knock down the numbers. Late August, sept thru April and maybe May you can enjoy all the garden state has to offer. I have lived and wandered all over the state below Trenton. The pines and wetlands within all beautiful in winter when the migrations from north visit. Brants, swans, snow geese and others shelter in the lakes, ponds and bogs. Unlike other bogs and swamps, we have sandy berms and causeways that provide firm trails, even when wet. I enjoy the Pa mountains north of Blue Mountain June thru Aug,, early Sept, then come back to the sugar sand roads for cranberry ripiening time, for the incoming flocks and the great festivals like at the Fall Fling at Apple Farm. You can hop the fence out of the festival and hike right there, I saw turkeys, pheasant. Just got to pick the right seasons to enjoy it.

Nice trail. Don't go in late spring! Black Flies Mills Trail should be the name. Worst swarm of flies I've ever seen. Got eaten alive lol.

A bit tough if you're out of practice but really nice elevations and pretty scenery.

Nice wooded trail surrounding a lake. Good options for distance.

Great Hike along Lake over small Bridges and Streams.

double loop

Great trail, great scenery, saw a few people during our walk around the longer trail, paths are very well maintained and easy to walk. Cool visitor center too, I recommend stopping there before you hike so you know what animals to keep an eye out for!

Macri trail was a long and winding trail. The trail changed some between rolling hills, swamp, woods, and a little water front. So it kept my interest throughout. It is not a difficult trail since there are no challenging elevations or terrain. So if you are looking for a long simple trail with some variety, this one is perfect.

Many fun trails to hike. Only problem is the ticks, they're everywhere. If your going to go there make sure to protect yourself.

Great trail! Very diverse woods. It was constantly changing and always a beautiful scenery.

There are several trails with the Penns Mill trail being the 8.4 mile. It is narrow and twisting so it never gets too repetitive. Ranged from: a forest of pitch pines with short brush; to a claustrophobic wall of thornbushes on both sides; to dark wood with a creek and cedars... etc.

This is also the best marked trail I have ever been on. They use colored bars about every 20-30 yards. While not usually necessary, it helped at crossings and areas that open up and the trail is not clear.

Be aware of chiggers!!!!! My gf, dog and I hiked the white trails all the way around. we got back to the car and under our long pants, bug spray and hiking socks our ankles were infested with chiggers. Our dog was covered in them resulting in antibiotics and steroids. Please be cautious ticks are the least of your worries!!!

Me and my boyfriend did this 8 mill trek yesterday... we loved the trail and was a great workout in the heat.. but sadly i'm not sure we would do it again because we were covered in a lease 20 deer ticks each when finished.. which kind of ruined our experience!

I do recommend this trail...but please protect your self as much as possible... you will have many ticks when finished!! ~ lori