Southern End Norvin Green State Forest

Southern End Norvin Green State Forest is a 8.8 mile loop trail located near Bloomingdale, NJ that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

8.8 miles 2028 feet Loop

Very good trail easy to follow the view is gorgeous but it is VERY LONG and TIRING . You can see the NYC skyline from the top. I do not recommend for older people (60+) as I personally think it is a harder trail.

I thought it was a moderately hard hike with a lot of uphill hiking, but then balanced out with downhill parts too. It is dog-friendly though since my dog was able to make it the whole way. Definitely bring a lot of water.

As with most hikes in NJ that are fairly easy, the best advice I can give you is to get there early. We started on the green trail with 5 cars in the lot at 9:30am. We were back at 2:30pm and it looked like a park and ride with cars and people everywhere. High Point, one of the most scenic areas of the park, is less than a mile from the parking lot, so there are A LOT of people there by mid-afternoon. For good reason, its offers a very beautiful view with the NY skyline on the horizon. That was very cool!

We hiked about 6.6 miles along some of the southern trails. The trails are well-blazed. Having a trail map on hand will be a great help, as the trails coincide and intersect many times. We found several hikers that were a little lost without a trail map. The good news is that this is a heavily hiked area, so there is usually someone around to ask for directions. In short, very easy trails with scenic views. Well worth the trip!

The view was really amazing but the only bad thing was following the blue trail all the way only to end up at a tree with a sign that said "trail ends" idk how they could just end it like that pretty disappointing but other than that it was great, wouldn't say easy though

Not so much an easy hike but gorgeous views at multiple different viewpoints. Didn't see a single soul until we got up to the high point! Loved it.

Great hike. Not too hard, but definitely not easy. I took the blue trail to yellow up to Carris Hill. Beautiful views and super quiet and peaceful. I then got back on the blue trail to the white trail to see the falls. Also a pretty spot but it was pretty much dried up from the lack of rain. I can't wait to go back and explore more!

This is a cool trail. Very well marked, I definitely would't say it's easy as there are parts that you have to climb a bit. The "new easy trail" sign cracked me up, but it's great to have variety for those that may not want to hike on rocks. Speaking of which, the trail is very rocky and I wouldn't recommend hiking after it rains like I did. I am an experienced hiker and I took a few spills, the rocks are very slippery when wet so be careful.

Decent hike. Lots of lookouts. Chose not to take the new easy route. The regular route was perfectly fine and probably didn't warrant an easy choice. Overall good hike

Loved the trail. Beautiful views. Not too easy or tough. They added a new 'easy trail' which we decided not to take. Will definitely go back.

This trail was excellent, very easy to navigate. The view is spectacular, Wyanokie High Poin is a 5 starts rating view.

I didn't just do the southern end of Norvin Green State Forest. I did a loop including High Point, Chik Falls, Otter Hole, and Carris Hill. It was a 7.7 Mile loop and one of the best hikes I have ever done. Only drawback was when I went the lands were dry so the streams weren't running very high and made the waterfall not so impressive. In my opinion the high point area offered some of the best and expansive views in the area.