Sourland Mountain Trail

Sourland Mountain Trail is a 3.7 mile loop trail located near Hopewell, New Jersey. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

rock climbing

It's the closest outdoor bouldering area to me, and it gets busy on the weekends for climbers and hiking gurus alike. Wear bright colors, as some trails along the perimeters of the reserved area, is active shooting/hunting, & can sound kind of close to you.

Nice trails, not always super well marked, but this app helped. Did see a sign, maybe 30 yards from a trail, saying "ACTIVE SHOOTING RANGE", so that was a shock. But a beautiful park, nonetheless. Fun rocks to climb, too.

Closest thing to mountain running within an hour of Fort Dix, not a bad area but small and short so for a good workout you'll need to make several loops. Not much for views...

Loved it here. Went on Sunday so it was packed. Trails are moderate some are easier. Some climbing required. Hiking boots or shoes should be worn. The boulders were really cool. I would definitely go back. Horses were aloud, I can't remember if bikes were.

Great trail for hiking and catching a view of raptors. The only drawback is that it is not long enough. Such beautiful land. Wish it had more space. But still grateful for its existence

Great trails for hiking, but they are a bit tough to navigate while running at a good clip because they are very rocky/ stoney. Will be coming back for a hike though!

I nice little trail to walk. Some parts of the trail are easily lost, at least they were when we were there mid-August, but in those places, the tree markers seems to be more plentiful. (We went on yellow trail, to the white, then back to yellow, circling up and down)

My favorite area of the sour lands.. Much better than Hillsborough side

We went on the hike in July - very green, lots of big trees. Nice walk in the woods!

Rainy day and it was my first time going. Overall it was a great hike. My friend and I hiked the whole mountain. Roughly 5.3 miles. Some parts make you sweat. Good times though