Sourland Mountain Ridge Inner Loop Trail

Sourland Mountain Ridge Inner Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Hillsborough Township, NJ that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

if you don't mind hiking and climbing over huge rocks for 3 hours then this is a nice hike. the forest is lush and beautiful. there are no Vistas or overlooks. there are lots streams and Brooks. unfortunately we went at the beginning of fall 2016 every stream and brook was completely dry due to a drought. there are a lot trail marker but they are none traditional. the marker don't give direction when the trails turn start and end. we got very turn around twice at connector trails.

Love it! Nice long hike!

It's a great hike, nice climb and well maintained and marked!

A bit too rocky for a good trail run, as the rocks are a big jagged and it's hard to get a good footing. Would have preferred it as a hike. Ran into a very large black snake, which was a bit of a surprise. I will say that if you take the pipeline trail down, there are hundreds of butterflies to be seen at this time of year, all enjoying the amethyst colored thistles.

it's a good walk, rocky in some spots for no reason whatsoever though. not all that much in the way of scenery but the foliage would be nice, I'm sure.

Great jog today!!

Best in the fall.

Best hiking around the Somerset county are for sure

Very nice! Trail needs to be marked better, can be confusing at times.

I had a great time hiking with my kids. The trails were well marked, I will definitely go back!

For Somerset County this is my family's favorite hike. The rocks are always a lot of fun.

This was my 2nd hike, we did the entire perimeter hiking about 5.2 miles. We walked from the left side path, for a chance to warm up before we hit some small climbs. We had coffee about 1.5 hours in on a rock formation. Many rocks and rock formations very impressive, some tricky terrain with old dried up water streams, the decent down from Devils rock was moderate. Many connector routes so you can mix up the trails. Enjoyed the day would do it again!

it was ok lot rocks kind of danger for the family