Six Mile Run Reservoir Trail

Six Mile Run Reservoir Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Somerset, New Jersey that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

JORBA - From the Rt. 27 parking Lot: Follow red trail, to orange, back to red (right on red) to Middlebush Road. Cross road, follow red. Turn left on white trail, cross wooden bridge and go straight up the hill at the 1st intersection. Follow the white to lot on Jaques Lane. Follow red from lot to rear corner where trail turns right, look left for an unmarked trail head. Follow to Canal Road (along water). Right on Canal Road (careful! Watch for traffic when exiting the trail onto Canal Road.) to lot on right. Look for blue trail head marker on your left when heading up the lots driveway, follow blue back into the red trail and then back to Middlebush Road. Cross Middlebush Road, follow red to orange, back into to red, to lot on Rt. 27.

An easy hike through rolling wooded hills and farmland. I added on the white trail for a little extra time out and clocked it at about 7mi total. The trail looks like it is used a lot for mountain biking and trail running. Go when the ground is dry or frozen otherwise you will be slogging through lots of mud.

Love it down to the bone! LBS maintains and updates the trail at its best!

I do a lot of trail running here. Horses and bikes ok on most trails. Not a difficult path.

Fun fun fun trail. Great obstacles and they have go arounds for you if you need them. Im relatively new to mountain biking but i had a ton of fun on this trail and i imagine even skilled riders would find this to be a challenge.

Very well maintained!!!
Love it

Amazing trail for a good vigorous walk - have to watch carefully to not get lost as trail can take you to the road causing you to double back.

I went hiking but this trail is more for mountain bikers. Also when you go to make the change from blue to red trail, make sure you look behind you when you come up to splits because the sign is badly placed. I went almost 2 miles out of the way. Pretty scenery, quiet when I went. Still fun even though I was exhausted after the extra two miles haha

Love this trail. The best jersey has to offer. Great jumps and technical spots. Can get crowded at times but just watch for corners.

Will definitely do this trail again. Far more mountain bikers than hikers- but no issues sharing the trails.

This place is awesome lots of tricky terrain with switchbacks and bridges- well maintained and a blast to ride

Started trial at 7:30pm . By 8:10 pm sun went down . Beware *** this trail gets very very very dark . Thank GOD I had lights on my bike cause I wouldn't be able to see shit if I didn't have the light. I got lost in the trail all alone . Scary shit! .. Well I really didn't get lost, it was just super dark. Missed the turn to head back, ended up on route 27 . Should had never cross the street (south middlebush) to start the other trail. Overall, great trail will venture out again during the day .

Note: I turned all my lights off just to see if I could see the trails. Couldn't see NOTHING! Not even my hands in front of me! . I'm laughing now but it was definitely some scary shit!

Hiking here since I was 14, amazing bike trails for advances riders too.

Great time on these well maintained trails!!!!