Rutgers Garden Trail

Rutgers Garden Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near New Brunswick, New Jersey that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Rutgers Garden is a 0.8 mile trail located near New Brunswick, New Jersey. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

beautiful area

This isn't a hike as much as it is a walk through a lovely wooded area.

I loved this little park. It is so pretty. My dogs loved it to. I have not been back in a few years but I was fascinated by it. Wish I could post the pictures I had but they are not in this phone. Wish it were a longer trail and closer to my home. And I agree with the previous post. It is not really moderate. I would call it easy.

This is definitely an easy trail and not moderate. I took my two kids, one of their friends and the friends Mom. The kids had fun climbing over fallen trees. We mixed the red and yellow trails during the late afternoon. The weather was perfect and it was a nice leisurely hike.

Small pretty park with wonderful gardens

Pine trees remind me of being back in Maine. Not a lot to hike though here

Wish there was more markings but very pretty overall

Went earlier in the day with my lab. Not many people which was a good thing bc I off leashed him. A very zig zag trail. Not the easiest to read

Close to home hike. I live nearby so I go for a quick jog through the woods, but beware if you're traveling from elsewhere. Students kind of trash the trails with garbage, lots of graffiti. Sad because the views of the raritan are pretty nice as is the forest.

close to home and we did about 4 miles through the greens and the trails. trails not marked well but if you get "lost" its easy to find the way back.
scenic and fun .. great for a hike with a few friends..

4/14/14 took under an hour. there are two red marked trails and a yellow trail. We mixed it up. starting at the sign (which I put out a cigarette which someone left to burn) taking the double red marked trail up toward rt1 taking the wide path past the pines. down under the bridge stopped at the dam. We usually go father but the tiny stream was washed larger. not for me to cross. headed back along the water but found ourselves climbing up because take trail disappeared. for the most part the downed trees are mostly cleaned up. there are many dead trees laying against other trees I'd hate to be the one under the trees when they come down.