Rancocas State Park

Rancocas State Park is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Westampton , NJ that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

5 miles of well marked lightly used trails through a variety of ecosystems. Be aware that bugs can be plentiful throughout the spring and summer.

My 6 year old son and I went biking down this trail today and it was a challenge. Many roots and obstacles and overgrown in areas. We're not too experienced with biking so I don't think I'll be using this trail for that again... but it was a beautiful area with great views. It gave you a very private and secluded feeling that was very peaceful... but it sure kicked our mountain biking butts!

I did a mix of the green, white, blue, yellow, and orange trails coupled with deer trails. About 6 miles. Nice area, nice trails, but keep a lookout for ticks. I had two of them after my hike.

Summary: Beware of TICKS on less-used paths!!!

There is a surprisingly rugged trail blazed with bright green markings along the west side of the park that can be used for mountain biking. It's pretty fun if you have some experience, but there's places where you can wipe out, so safety gear is a must.

Also note that this less-used trail gets rather overgrown in the summer. Long pants and protective glasses are a MUST!! If you decide to use this path when it's overgrown, check often for ticks! I checked myself almost every five minutes and had flicked off six of them after a 45-minute excursion.

Since the trail is accessible year-round, you may want to avoid it in the summertime. Besides these caveats, it's a fun little excursion. Probably not worth traveling for, but great if you live in the area.

Very nice trail and worth a short drive to get there, just be sure to bring a bandana and some deet.

Love these trails. Well marked, did a total of 6.5 miles. So much different scenery all throughout.

My wife, dog, and I went here for the first time today. The hike was lovely! We only passed one other person on a Sunday afternoon and enjoyed the feeling of being away from it all. The trails are easy to follow and well-maintained. We had a great time and felt refreshed getting back into the car.

Unfortunately, though, we won't be going back. On the drive home I felt something on the back of my neck and after feeling back there came away with a tick in my grasp. He got to see the side of the highway. On getting back to the house we gave our dog a good exam and found 11 (not a typo, eleven) ticks on him.

Beautiful

Ticks. Soo many ticks.

Good time. We just went to check it out... Much more to explore!

Great. We took a leisurely stroll. Did a nice 2.5 loop. If we were bringing kids, they'd definitely have fun riding their bikes on the paved area... The older ones could handle the hike.

Hiked around, winter time in the 50s, it was quiet and a nice track around the creek. Even saw an otter.

I've been to this park a few times, I enjoy taking the blue and orange trail in a loop. The abandoned cabin on the creek side is very intriguing, one of my favorite parts about this park. I once saw a naked man running on the blue trail at dusk with my boyfriend. He was very fit, had short hair, a runner that enjoys going naked. It was quite startling but makes a funny story.

So many bugs! I had to cut my hike short because they were everywhere, flying into my ears flying into my mouth swarming around. I even had super strong bug spray on. Other than that it's a very pretty hike with a nice even incline.

This park can be confused with the nature center in westampton which is technically also part of the rancocas state park, however they are accessed at different spots and are separated by the rancocas creek. Both are beautiful, mostly very clean, and great for bringing doggies. You may run into hunters, so just a heads up if you see men walking around with crossbows. There is a lot of history in these woods and you can find ruins of summer homes that were owned by philadelphians on the hainesport side along the creek.

TRAIL MAP is posted in the photos section. GREAT MTN. BIKING TRAILS

I ride the part of the park in Hainesport, between the South Branck and main branch of the Creek. Entrance is at the end of Deacon Road, in front of 1513 Deacon Road. The Green Trail and part of Blue are single track. I have added some log overs. I ride there with my dog, Denny, two mornings a week for fun and to stay in shape and bond with my bike. Recently the County took over the park and marked the Blue, Red, Green and Orange Trails. The loop is 4.44 Miles. Riding back and forth is about 6 miles. The ride is different in each direction.

White, Blue, Red and Orange Trails are good for X-Country Skiing.

White Trail is good for any level rider. Brown, Green and Yellow Trails are more challenging.