Rancocas Nature Center

Rancocas Nature Center is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Westampton Township, NJ and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

These trails were fairly easy, our 10 yr old did them just fine. But parts were a little confusing. But upon talking to someone after our hike that worked there, she told us there were a couple little, newer trails that weren't on the map. So maybe that caused the confusion. I did get a couple nice pictures from there, but I have no real desire to go back.

This is my favorite park, in my local area, that I can go to conveniently. I recommend following Rancocas Rd. further west and take the first left after Irick Rd. I like to park there because there is no gate to lock you in if you don't make it back to your care in time. There is a map there and if you follow the white trail or the brown trail to the bridge there is another map there as well. I cannot find a map anywhere on line but it's not a very big park and can be memorized after a few trips. The part belonging to the Rancocas Nature Center which can be accessed is worth a poke around, they have a nature museum and this amazing conifer grove that is just one of the most stunning scenes I've seen with my own eyes. My father grew up down the street from there and says that it was a part of a whole big tree farm, I don't know how much truth that tale holds, thought. I think my favorite trek is the white trail to the brown trail to the white trail to the green trail, two hours before sunset. I hope you visit and enjoy the eeriness of this forest.

Connected to the Nature center is Rancocas State Park with another 5 miles of trails. Parking access is on Rancocas rd. 1/4 mi. west of Irick rd. There's a brown wooden sign for Rancocas State Park at this entrance. A map is posted on the info board at the parking area mentioned. A map is posted at the Rancocas State Park page in the photos link as well. ENJOY!

Nice easy level trail and a number of geocaches to be found. Check out geocaching.com for fun on wallks or hikes