Ramapo Reservation Trail

Ramapo Reservation Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mahwah Township, NJ that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and scenic driving and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

beach

cave

hot springs

Ramapo Valley County Reservation: Ramapo Reservation is a 8.52 mile loop trail located near Mahwah, New Jersey that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, scenic driving & walking.

Love it ! I like the waterfall , lookout rock , and running barefoot off trail on the rocks

Great for a challenging run

Great trail. Ascents are challenging but manageable. They do a great job of marking and maintaining the trail. They also stock the river with trout on Thursdays if you're into fishing.

Steep slope around first lake. Big loop puts us around a 7 mile hike.

It was an amazing experience! We went to the first trail of 7miles defiantly was difficult good thing we had a print out map to guide us ! Was great ! Got to swim at the ending in the lake great time! So many trails to pick

Visited for the first time, a week ago. The place is amazing, if you are into photography bring your camera, it is guarantee that you will find some amazing photo opportunities. If you have knee issues, just don't forget to bring your knee support. And just enjoy the nature walk. Unfortunately there is no biking in the park. But there is plenty of walking trails. The place is also dog friendly, just make sure you have the leash and drinking water. Prepare to have him or her jump into the lake, saw several dogs just enjoying the lake and going in for a quick swim!

Excellent place to go hiking with your dog. Walk straight in from the parking lot and go directly a pillow on the main trail, and you'll find very clean water reservoir were tons of dogs go swimming. There are also many beautiful overlook points, inside trails that are much more difficult than the main trail to the Upperlake. This park is great for beginners, plain exercise, walking laps around the lower Lake on flat ground, or visiting waterfalls in marshland at higher altitude. Fishing is possible however no bicycling at this park

Amazing

Amazing hike ,did almost for 8 miles , uphill close to the lake will definitely test your strength .
Yellow track is recommendable .

Have fun

Great hiking trail!! I highly suggest taking the Yellow trail once you get behind bear swamp lake. It is challenging but highly worth it as it brings you to the best view point in the park. Loop back onto the highlighted trail by taking White back down and hanging a left onto Red. Adds and extra 1/2 mile that feels like 2 after the incline.

At first the trail seems like a short, highly populated route. But once you cross over this tiny bridge in the woods, you come across long trails with amazing views off of the mountain. I will definitely be back to explore more.

very scenic, great hike

Great amazing views!!

This was an amazing experience. I was looking for somewhere to go to be alone with the woods, and this was certainly it.
I was a bit discouraged when I first arrived. I have never seen such a variety of dog breeds, and a large group of boys came running in a pack behind me as I got closer to the lake.
That is when I noticed the wonderful yellow trail. This followed the roadway for quite a bit, but was still very calm and beautiful. After it got far enough into the woods and away From the main entrance the more wonderful it was. There were several people on this path. But once I got into the red path I was the only one around.
I did a lot of off trail uphill hiking. It was tough, but the views and scenery were certainly worth it.
I spent 5 hours in the park, and most of it was without a thought of another human, let alone sight.
There are so many trails to explore and I am looking forward to seeing this place again once the summer leaves come in.

Recommend if you're looking for some alone time, off trail, scenery or even an easy walk around the lake. I saw a lot of runners, lots of dog walkers. Families. Picnic tables. Fishing. This has something for everyone.