Racoon Ridge and Appalachian Trail

Racoon Ridge and Appalachian Trail is a 5.8 mile out and back trail located near Blairstown, NJ that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Awesome way to beat the crowds from the DWG area.

Not bad! I recommend. Nice view

This was a nice hike. I started where this app gave me directions to but just as a precaution, the directions aren't going to get you to the right spot. The location for the start of this hike is not directly on Gaisler Rd. Once you're on Gaisler you have to make a right onto Camp Mohican Rd. You follow that down to the parking lot where you can register and find the trail. The girl at the station was particularly nice. She gave me an orange vest since it was the first day of hunting season. The hike was a little over 5 miles. It only took me about 2 hours but I hike rather fast because I'm tall. I would recommend this hike to anyone, it wasn't very difficult and since it's the AT you can keep going if you'd like. The view at Raccoon Ridge is particularly nice.

Great hike from "fiddlers elbow" up the ridge and down to a few miles to crater lake. That water in the lake is perfect. They used to have a dock out in the lake that we'd swim to and then run back home on the trail. Great memories!

i actually started this hike by Delaware river gap, it was my first hike ever... and i loved it!