Mount Tammany - Red Dot and Blue Dot Loop Trail

Mount Tammany - Red Dot and Blue Dot Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, New Jersey that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

Great views, challenging ascent, sometimes a little crowded at the summit. This hike is a great warmup hike before larger trips to New England or out west. We always do our training here because it never gets old and the ascent is a good measurement of your physical preparedness. Good trip for dogs.

Collado was here. Awesome views.

This would be a perfect hike if it wasn't so crowded

this hike was truly a day hike...I'm not sure it was everything I hoped it would be. there were a lot of people, and the trail seemed very staircase like. the view was really nice...but I prefer hikes that feel more remote.

Wonderful hike for anyone in the NJ, PA area. We went on a very hot summer day. But the summit is something I'd never expect being a native to South Jersey.

It's best to have a good pair of hiking boots during the winter months for this rocky terrain with some steep inclines. This is especially true when the snow falls as it so happened on our hike. A slippery challenge at times.

Great hike!