Mt. Tammany - Delaware Water Gap

Mt. Tammany - Delaware Water Gap is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, NJ that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

Great views, challenging ascent, sometimes a little crowded at the summit. This hike is a great warmup hike before larger trips to New England or out west. We always do our training here because it never gets old and the ascent is a good measurement of your physical preparedness. Good trip for dogs.

This is the second time I've done this hike. It's beautiful, and fun, but I hate how busy it always is and being right next to the highway sucks. The only reason I did it again is because days are so short right now and I live in south jersey. This will be the last time I do this one, next time I'm going to do Mt.Minsi.

Went at 9 am on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Park wasn't packed, saw maybe a dozen or so hikers on my 3 hour trek. I didn't see any snakes, but was careful where I stepped. The trail was rugged, steep and challenging. I would recommend trekking poles, even one would have helped. I went up the red dot trail and came back down the same way. I'd recommend having a backpack with water, tissues and a first aid kit. A few times I lost my footing, especially coming back down the rocky steep trails, and a fall would have been disastrous. I highly recommend this hike and would do it again.

Very busy trail and the erosion shows heavily in some spots. Three hour round trip with young kids (5 & 7). Amazing views. Nice swimming holes.

Very nice trail, but very strenuous all of which pays off in the end with the overlook of the Delaware River.

nice views especially if you live East of here, good for a run but I found it pretty crowded...

Loved it.

Awesome view

Took red trail up and blue trail back. Red trail was definitely plenty challenging, lots of elevation gain, and very rocky terrain - nice cardio. Poles wouldn't be a bad idea, as falling is a possibility with all the rocks. Though I saw people without them, I'd say hiking boots are a must, otherwise pack an extra pair of ankles. ;)

View up top was worth the climb for sure.

Blue trail down was easier, and a nice view of the creek at the end. Took just under 2.5 hrs with plenty of photo stops. All in all a great hike - trails were well marked plus it was very crowded, so almost no chance of getting lost no matter how you do your loop.

Start from the Red marked trail. I followed the instructions from njhiking.com So check it out if you have time.

The hike was moderate. Almost like Stairway to Heaven (if you've been there before). It's very tiring and very challenging but it's all worth it to the top, trust me. On the way to the top, there are some spots that have scenic views. But nothing beats the top view haha.

Tougher trail than I had expected. Just extremely rocky pretty much the whole way up and down. The view is more than worth it though.

nice cardio and great views