Monks Mountain Trail

Monks Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ringwood, NJ that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

sea kayaking

Been here many times already and its one of my favorite places for kayaking, Great scenery and the flooded forrest as I call it with its white dead trees gives you that creepy feeling and we've seen alot of wildlife, Im not to sure about the fishing, so far haven't caught anything larger than 6 inches or so, now lets not forget the people that come here are really nice and friendly.

Monksville Resovoir is an excellent place for Kayaking, took my family there and spent 5 hours enjoying this place.

Beautiful scenery, alot of wild life and one of my favorites it the is the flooded forest as I will call it with its many dead trees.

The people best of all are awesome!

Great spot for kayaking and fishing, got to keep and eye for stomps near shore, may want to go really early in the morning at 6:00 am in summer time, overall a beautiful spot!!

Stumpy in spots, but a great paddle. Often referred to as skunksville by unlucky fishermen, the spot is known for its bass and muskies.

This reservoir, close to our home, is one of my and my wife's favorite places to kayak. It is easy, even if you choose to kayak around the whole reservoir. The wind can make the chop challenging on rare occasions. You will see other kayakers, canoeists and fisherpeople - and even the odd racing scull - but the reservoir is big enough that you don't feel crowded. For an interesting trip when the water height allows, go from the kayak launch site, through the dead trees left from the reservoir's creation, and go a short way up the stream to visit the Longpond Ironworks. This, of course, requires a maneuverable craft, preferably under 10' long - not a seak kayak.