Merrill Creek Reservoir Perimeter Trail

Merrill Creek Reservoir Perimeter Trail is a 5.3 mile loop trail located near Stewartsville, NJ and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Pleasant easy hike.

love MC, always a great day hike.

Love this trail, love Merrill Creek. Easy walk, great scenery.

Great views all around. Not a difficult path so I run most of it. Great for pets and kids. You can fish, bring kayaks. There's benches and spots for picnics. No bikes unfortunately.

Peaceful. Easy hike. The 2 miles around I did was flat for the most part. Great for walking, speed walking and jogging and walking a dog or something. I got to walk some of the trails past the 2 mile mark and it seemed a little more rugged. If I decide to hike the entire perimeter, I will definitely be wearing hiking boots. Sneakers did fine today.

5.3 to 6 mile hike with enough elevation to make you feel like you did something. Great hike for a family and our dog loved the occasional ability to drink from the reservoir. Kids 8 and up will enjoy.

Beautiful area! Great hike!

Beautiful views

My family and I did the whole loop a year ago. Very nice view.

Very nice place. Great for kids and dogs, several different trails let you pick the difficulty. You'll see wildlife at nearly every season and the views are lovely.

Good

Was here few months ago... well marked and plenty of other hikers along the trail. watched the snow geese dance above the water. great place for the kids to get out

First time coming here and enjoyed it. Trails were clearly marked but the maps around were unreadable. Luckily I had saved an image on my phone so I could find my way back to the parking lot when I wanted to go. My dog had fun taking a dip in the water and met some other hikers and dogs along the way. Will definitely be back to try some different trails.

Love taking my dog here, beautiful hiking trails

Favorite place to hike. It's a nice trail to just wander around in for awhile but the trails are pretty clearly marked so you can always find your way back fairly easily.