Pine Swamp Trail

Pine Swamp Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake Hopatcong, NJ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

take interstate 80 to exit 34 route 15 north for 4 miles to weldon rd take weldon rd to the second entrance and or saffin pond

One of my favorite hikes! Exceptionally we'll marked trails. I did this walk alone with my dog the first time and am always a little worried about getting lost, but it would have been difficult with the trails being so clear. I took some fantastic photos as was there on the height of the Fall. I returned a few weeks later with my Hiking Group and they loved it too!

One of my favorite local trails. It is very close to my house and offers a variety of environments, though there are no vistas since you are usually surrounded by trees. It is actually 4.0 miles if you include the walk from/to your car, and it includes the highest point in the county. This makes it good for measured training hikes with some nice ups and downs. Three to four laps, three times a week was a major part of my preparation for a successful rim-to-rim hike of the Grand Canyon. The dogs love this trail. Black bear sightings are infrequent and I've never had a problem with them.