Karamac-Dunnfield Creek Loop Trail

Karamac-Dunnfield Creek Loop Trail is a 13.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, NJ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Holy lord what a hike!! A whole lot of everything from creeks, rocks, meadows, amazing views and a beautiful lake.
I will say for anyone who starts from the parking lot right off of the highway and goes up the creek first. On the other side of the pond, look out for the BLUE trail marker. We cleared walked right passed it and took 30minutes to find it!!! Lol but other then that, first trail with this app and it was spot on!! 5 stars!!

Parked at the Dunnefield Creek trailhead off 80 and took Dunnefield to Sunfish pond and the AT back, definitely recommend a swim in the deep part of the creek by the entrance under the waterfall. Great way to spend a day!

I loved the sunfish pond loop. we hiked the dunnfield up and the Appalachian down.

I did a variation of this loop with my son. We both loved it. It was a little tough for him since he's only 5, but I was able to put him in my carrier backpack to give him a rest from time to time.

Great hike. And I actually saw a timber rattlesnake, which is endangered in the area. Kind of scary, but also a rare site!

Love this trail, always stop for a walk through here when I am on Old Mine Road

Very nice train the red dot was really harder.

I don't know why All Trails lists so many trails as Pa. when tey're actually in NJ. This one is also near the Delaware Water Gap, Tamminy Mountain, Sunfish Pond, etc.

This is one of my favorite hikes Ive ever been on. The almost seamless transition from oaks to pines along the creek bed are amazing gives the impression of being in two places at once. The rolling trail bring you across a few ford points and pending some previouse weather these could prove fun and interesting to navigate. a bit of rocky terrain adds to the whole experiance. 10 out of 10 for me!!!

Ive done this trail twice in different ways first time I did Tammany and came up the Dunnfield trail to the pond went around it then came back down on the AT. It was challenging in the length and can get really rocky, its marked very well except for the connecting trail between the fire road and the AT by Sunfish. The second time I basically did that in reverse minus Tammany. If your up for a long day definately do the first one. This is one of my favorite hikes.

Dunnfield Creek is crowdy but ead towads Holly Springs and you lose the crowds - you can come down the AT or go over the Farview trail. Nice area