Jenny Jump State Forest Trails

Jenny Jump State Forest Trails is a 5.2 mile loop trail located near Blairstown, NJ and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until October.

at the end of the day when all is said and done.. its all about the camping and outdoors. JJ did not really deliver. The trails were nothing to write home about... not well kept and not much to see. I few areas were nice. We took the Ghost Lake trail. Lake was a little disappointing. Facilities were good. I think our group should have choosen a little better camp site. But the office, staff, Maps (would have liked a Topo map) bathrooms and showers were more than adequate. Glad I said I did it .. but not sure I would repeat.

Overall, the park is in a nice area and campgrounds looked decent with bathrooms and showers. They looked private and big. My friend and I completed the hike to Ghost Lake after trying to find a spot at the Delaware Water Gap NRA for 2 hours (and that plan failed on a holiday weekend) we chose to head over to Jenny Jump instead. We were a bit drained so we chose to do the Ghost Lake trail instead and not the summit trail. Too be honest, it was a bit disappointing. We came across one nice vista on this trail, and it was pretty but when we got all the way to the lake it was just that...a lake. There wasn't much to see here. The trails were not well kept, and having been on a trail crew in the Adirondacks, I was no impressed. It was very overgrown on some parts, with trees you had to go under, with a big pack it was pretty difficult. These needed to be cut or a path needed to be made around them. There was a lot of downed trees on the trail and plenty of rocks to roll your ankles on. There were also plenty of mosquitos, though that isn't the parks fault, just a warning to hikers. Wearing pants was the smartest choice!

Not much to see. Trail was a bit overgrown.

Pretty boring. There are two places with nice vistas, but the rest of the hike is in the woods and fairly easy. We hiked all the way to the ghost lake, then back up to the summit. Saw the place where Jenny supposedly jumped. There was no dramatic cliff and jumping from there would be like jumping from a first floor balcony, so I'm sure she lived.

The campground, on the other hand, looked secluded and nicely maintained. So I think this might be a better place for camping than hiking.

A beautiful walk! We did this in the height of the Fall.

Love this trail I completed the hike to ghost lake :)

This is a nice easy trail, with some very nice scenic overlooks. I also suggest making the hike over to Ghost Lake.