Hemlock Falls Trail

Hemlock Falls Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near West Orange, NJ that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice hike. Loved the change in trails. It was easy to moderate. Would definitely go again but this time in the fall.

We took the South Orange Ave, parking lot, the second one, there is a massive amount of reconstruction of the avenue and they are upgrading the area, the hike is somewhat moderate, it can get challenging at some points but, over all, its a pretty easy hike, nice waterfalls and lots of land of land to cover.

Took us a while to actually find the parking lot for the trail. It took us about 2hrs because we had my 3 year old and my 7 month old who was in the baby straps. It got difficult getting up those hills with the baby strapped onto me and it was very humid outside. we saw 2 snakes on our way there. we also got lost trying to find or way out because there are so many entrances that lead to different places. It was a great work out!