Pakim Pond Loop Trail

Pakim Pond Loop Trail is a 13.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Woodland Township, NJ that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From the NJ Turnpike, take exit 7 and follow Route 206 south to Route 38 east, to second traffic light, then turn onto Magnolia Road (Route 644). Follow Magnolia Road until you come to the Four-Mile Circle. From the circle take Route 72 east, at mile marker 1 make a left. There is a forest entrance sign on your left as you turn in. Take the first right and the office is on the left. [source: NJ.gov Byrne] The Park is situated between routes 70 and 72 by the Four Mile Circle.

better than pavement....

Kinda boring. All flat and not much to see. Enjoyed the pond

The trail mentioned here is called "Mount Misery Trail" (white blazes) it is 8.5 miles and to make a loop you have to complete the trail using the Cranberry Trail (red blazes) adding 1 mile making the loop 9.5 miles. It is a good hike with little in the way of difficulty; a few wet spots, some loose sandy soil, and some roots that make one spot a little hard on the ankles. But if you can handle the distance, this is a fairly easy hike. There are also other options for shorter hikes from the same place. You can pickup a trail map at the Park Office to the left of the front door, (outside the door).

I enjoyed a nice ride from the office parking lot, along the Cranberry Trail to Pakim Pond, where I picked up the Mt. Misery Trail. I waited till a cold fall day, to avoid the dreaded chiggers and ticks that plague this area. The trails were mostly nice for riding, though there were several sandy sections. Overall these were few. Leaves and pine needles covered much of the sand. Some sections were very closed in with branches and vines, but this didn't last long. There are no hills, despite the name Mt. Misery. Once you get deep into the forest, it feels very lonely and secluded. Overall a nice woods ride, not many obstacles. If you start/end where I did, it's about 12.5 miles.

NJ Pine Barrens - nice scenery!

We parked in the lot at the park office and took the blue connector trail to the Batona. We then took the Batona to Pakim Pond where we got on the white Mt. Misery Trail. We were going with someone that has never hiked before so decided to use orange (road) bike path to cut across to the end of the Mt Misery trail. Met up with the Cranberry Trail and took that back to the lot. Was a fantastic trail, absolutely beautiful, pretty easy but you can cover some good mileage.

Great for riding on pavement, gravel/dirt combo, or sand. All skills levels will find their riding niche. In the summer you will have to contend with the insects and it can be distracting, but the rest of the year is more than acceptable. Weekends will find more competition from motorized bikers so take that into consideration. I have found all of the drivers to be courteous. One constant...there is always some new.area to explore!

We parked in the Pakim lot thinking that was the start of the trail. Went around the pond in about 1 minutes so we followed the Botona trail for a few miles then backtracked and completed the loop on the blue (?) trail back to the lot. Easy terrain but that in the Pine Barrens.

Fun place to bike. It seemed like the amount of trails were endless! The kids enjoy the trails too.

I did a solo hike this morning on the Batona Trail. Great 10 mile trail. But i wish they had more signs for the office. When I was finishing i came to a fork in the trail and had to use the map on my phone to see where i was. The trees are clearly marked and very visible. I loved how quiet it was, made for great alone time.

actual address 103 shinns rd woodland twp nj 08088
537 monmouth to 206 s rt 70 east comes to rt 72 east (1 mile) make a left at brend burn sign

Mapquest was wrong on this trail, its really close to philadelphia just take the bridge and drive down route 70 . Even though it was posted that there was no swimming me, my dog , and our friends all went in the pond and went swimming it was great , we met a few locals there and they had been there swimming and fishing all day, on the 1 mile trail you can find huckleberry bushs and wildlife all over, for my friends daughter it was a really cool experience and i had fun telling her about all of the different things we saw preying mantis's and mushrooms , and berrys edible and non... definitly get a trail map because its a little confusing with the turns and campsites that look like trails .

The trail is well maintained...and wide enough to walk with a partner. Thick mass of trees, just coming into bloom. We took the short trail, than drove over to Pakim Pond. It was worthy of a picture, we will return in the fall for the longer trail, I think 6 miles.