Bearded Blue Hole

Bearded Blue Hole is a 4.5 mile loop trail located near Hammonton, NJ that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Easy to moderate run depending on how much you challenge yourself with detours. Nice treat with a lake side view followed with a train track ending. Expect to see fox and deer along the route.

Garbage everywhere. Basically walking down a road next to a golf course, rock quarry, and gun club.

Long winding trails with lots of cool hand made bird houses. Sand trails that seem to just keep going and going. Not much cover so wear sun screen. Didn't really see any wildlife either.

the train track aspect of the trail was pretty nice. But after that it was nothing but sand for 3 miles.

This was an awful experience for my wife and I. I guess you could say the same for my dog. This trail backs up to a pretty big gun store and firing range. We had no idea. My dog is terrified of gun shots, as are a lot of dogs. Please learn from our mistakes and do not take a dog that is afraid of fireworks or gun shots. We ended up trying to find my poor dog that escaped his leash for 40 minutes of so as he bolted across the golf course that is adjacent to the trail... I felt awful. I interrupted at least 8 peoples golf game! Now we are home, filthy dirty, dehydrated and frustrated beyond belief, but happy to have our dog alive. Happy New Year !!