White Horse Trail

White Horse Trail is a 3.9 mile loop trail located near Bartlett, New Hampshire that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

I found this trail to be very nice and well marked. It was a beautiful fall day and I combined this with a hike up Cathedral Ledge. I found it to be quite satisfying. There were many beautiful views and many active chipmunks to enlighten the way. I also had the pleasure of a gorgeous hawk to swoop down in front of me and that was quite a show. The hike is steep at times but well worth the views.... positively a do over for me.....

This hike offered beautiful views, but I would NOT recommend it for kids. My husband and I did this hike with our 4 kids (ages 13,11, 9, 8) on a dry and sunny day. It took us 4 hours to complete. It required a lot of climbing on the way up and was VERY steep and slippery in areas on the way down--including some nerve-racking parts along the edge of the cliff. The trail was well marked, but there were intersecting trails and multiple entrances which made it confusing. We were lost for a while and had to rely on the kindness on strangers to find our way and safely navigate down the rocky terrain (the children required 1:1 adult assistance in certain areas--It was very scary). Black Cap is a shorter, safer hike for children and it offers similar views.

Nice hike under 3 hours with sights and few people on it.

Slippery and foggy, but easy even with the kids. I'd do it again when the weather is clear since the view promised to be awesome!