White Dot Trail to Mount Monadock

White Dot Trail to Mount Monadock is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Jaffrey, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

snowboarding

A very popular steep scramble up a very nice peak in Southern New Hampshire with great views from its bald summit This is a great family hike in Southern New Hampshire to a rocky summit with views in all directions. It can easily be done in a half day. Your kids will have a ton of fun rock hopping their way to the summit on the steep trail. This is a very popular climb just north of very populated cities so you probably won't be alone on the trail.

Took my family on this hike in August of 2016. We had a late start (1 pm) but were easily back to the car by 5/6 pm with a nice stay at the summit. We took the popular White Dot Trail to the summit and the White Cross trail on the return trip. It had been nearly 20 years when I last ascended (still had the map from them in one of my backpacks). The White Dot trail was definitely a steep scramble. It was my kids first hike and they definitely worked a little harder than they expected. The summit was crowded which was expected. Beautiful 360 views however. Side note: Fourth of July night hikes up are a treat with the full view of fireworks from Boston to Manchester and around. The White Cross trail was less step overall with a few pitches. Mostly the trails were marked with rock and roots and obstacles which made it hard to get into a good rhythm on the descent. Overall, a close mountain with different options and a nice view for a reward. Not my favorite hike on those trails. Need to try a different approach (although longer) next trip.

Steep but fun!

very nice!

Great trail. Rewarding (and windy!) view at the top. Also got to experience my first snow fall of the season on the way up. The hike is challenging in a good way. Very rocky at the top. Be prepared to climb. A lot of people on the trail and there was a drone flying around on the way back down. I went up white dot and down white cross. Trip time was about 3.5 hours.

My first hike all year and my first hike ever since I was maybe 10.. it was definitely a great climb!! Worth every huff and puff! Would definitely hike this again!

We hiked the White Dot trail up to the summit and the White Cross trail down. It a good workout and a beautiful journey with the fall colors. There were a decent amount of people on the trail.

This was certainly a great hike and the summit offered incredible views despite some rain and a lot of wind (I actually love the whipping summit winds)! But if you want to hike and not be around people, this is not the hike for you. We often found ourselves seeking routes off trail to get away from the crowds and set a better pace that worked for us. We descended the Red Spot trail which was a little longer and harder but only saw a handful of people which was a nice change from the White Dot trail. We saw so many people hiking without proper footwear (chuck-taylors, fashion boots) and those folks were struggling in certain spots, especially on the steep rocky climbs below tree line. If you're considering this trail, wear hiking shoes/boots.

Great hike for being so close! 3.8 miles with 1650 elevation gain in under 3 hours. Gets pretty steep near the top with some fun scrambling. Today was a little windy but a great day for hiking in October.

a medium length trail, pretty steep but the top is the best view of any mountain ive ever done!

Definitely a more difficult hike but worth the breath-taking views of the fall foliage for miles and miles! Bring extra layer for top. Very windy and cold at top.