Welch and Dickey Loop Trail

Welch and Dickey Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Thornton, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Intersection of SRs 175 & 49, NH: Travel east on SR 49 about 4.5 miles and turn left on Upper Mad River Road. Travel a short distance and turn right onto Orris Road. Follow Orris Road for .6 mile taking a right at the fork into a small parking lot. Trail begins there.

1 hour ago

Awesome trail. Beautiful views

A regular for us, and we love it. Just long enough, just hard enough. There's always water for the dogs.

It was a lot of reward for little work, beautiful views.

Beautiful hike. More markers would be helpful coming off Dickey!

Great hike

good hike but thought markers were too few and not visible at critical locations.

Really solid hike. We did the whole loop in 3 stopping to take in the sights when they presented themselves. Really great hike. This will be my new "I have to get a quick hike in this weekend" trail

Great hike with great views. A two peak bonus. When we summited Welsh there were fighter jets flying around practicing. Btw if anyone lost a trekking pole coming down the Dickey ridgeline I left it at the trailhead map

One of my favorite loops. Great views.

Loved this hike. I've been coming to this part of New Hampshire for 40 years and have never heard of or done this hike. It caught my eye in AMC guidebook and so decided to give it a whirl w my adult children this year.

This was a fun fun hike. Great extended views for middle third of hike. Very large reward for modest effort expended.

We hiked counter-clockwise and reached first ledges in 50 minutes. We did the whole hike in 2:46 with plenty of stops for views and pictures.