Mount Tecumseh Trail

Mount Tecumseh Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Campton, NH and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

One of the easier NH 4k Mountains. In and out hike thought the Tecumseh trail that traverses through a couple of brooks and fairly dense forest. At the top you can get a nice view of the Waterville valley and have lunch. No intersections along the way, so it should be fairly easy to climb up and down. (I marked the trail blue on the displayed map). If you plan this hike as part of a weekend I recommend you camp in any of the White Mountain Forest campgrounds around Tripoli Rd (Fee Area) and enjoy one of the other published hikes the next day. Osceola or the Tripyramids (depending on your condition) may be appropriate.

Word of the day: Steep. Tecumseh isn't a terribly difficult trail, but man, it is steep. Because of that, it could get a little slow at times. 3.1 miles to the top, about an hour and 30 minutes each way. Trail is pretty narrow at times, but actually really pretty, with some lovely, hobbit-y moments.

Honestly, it's like Tecumseh took umbrage to being called The Smallest of the 4,000's, and decided to just be ornery. So, isn't going on my list of favourites, but it's still a nice mountain, perfect for a solitary hike.

Trail sign at trail head and peak says 3.1 for this trail making it 6.2mi out and back... Not 5.4mi like Nat Geo proposes on their maps. This took me 3 hours round trip. 1.75hrs up and 1.25hr down.

A bit challenging at parts. There are 3 places for views, and they aren't amazing. The view at the top is a bit limited. But, gotta start the road to 48 somewhere.

08/31/13 Great hike with my 13 yr old son & 11 month old yellow lab. We made it to the top in 2.5 hrs with ease. Some tricky spots towards the summit for our dog, but we made it. Beautiful lush trail all the way up. Our day was wet and cloudy, so I can't comment on the views. I recommend this trail for anyone looking to hike a 4000 footer,and I will do it again on a clearer day to capture the views.

This is one of my least favorite hike! We did a traverse from the ski lodge to Tripoli Road. The hike up was moderately challenging, however, we could not keep the bugs away!! They were just awful. Before hitting the summit, you'll get to an area with decent view. However, the summit was so infested, we took some photos quickly and got out of there as soon as we could. For all of the efforts, the actual hike and views were not worth it. :(

Amazing experience. Went alone and expected it to be relatively easy but it had a few bumps of moderate difficulty. Started the trip around 3 o'clock and ended up finishing around 6:45. Make sure you wear a lot of bug spray!

An excellent mountain for a day hike.