Stinson Mountain Trail

Stinson Mountain Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Rumney, NH that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Gradual climb good for beginners, rated as a moderate hike

Excellent trail for family and dogs. Hiked in with friends on a Saturday mid day in early November. Temp to start was 40 at trailhead. Dropped to 34 at peak and wind picked up but you get out of the wind quickly when descending from the peak so.......Beautiful views at the peak. Lots of room for others at peak trailhead. Enjoyed a picnic lunch and the views. Up and down with 3 boys in age from 8-12 in about 2.5 hours.

Very rocky, lots of bugs , trees fallen in path ways, muddy.... Oh did I mention VERY Rocky!
I didn't think the view was worth the trip...
Be careful it's an ankle twister!

Nice hike. In the trees the whole way until you summit. Small summit with great views, nice places to sit. Sharp drops from the summit so be cautious if kids or dogs summit first. Parking for five or six cars easily at the trailhead. Very few people on July 3rd.

Nice beginners' trails, saw my first black bear about a quarter of a mile in the trail, spooked and he ran away. Nice view and the top, but only the south of the mountain, not the lake.

Short and sweet. About 1hr. up and 45 min. down 5/30/16 in about 90* heat. Neat summit with a nice view. One of the nh52with-a-view.

Absolutely perfect beginner trail. Make sure to take the hiking trail and not the snowmobile trail at the split like I did haha go right at the second bridge with the hole in it! Very nice view for the effort as well. All around good mountain for anyone.

I hiked this with a friend who has a house on Stinson Lake in July 2015. It was gorgeous weather during our hike and we had no issue with bugs--sounds like some other hikers were not so lucky. The hike up is pretty unremarkable and there's really nothing to see until you get to the top. The view was better than I was expecting. If you bushwack a little past where you reach the summit, you're able to get to a bit of a clearing that gives you a great shot of the lake. I enjoyed it and would go back again, but I can't compare it to any of the other hikes in the area since this is the only one I've done.

It was rainy and cold ...unfortunately no views

It was a good hike for only having hiked once so far this summer, and it not being a long drive from the house. It was just long enough to get the blood flowing and get some exercise. The views from the top were not as picturesque as some others nearby, but it was beautiful none-the-less.

I completed this hike with my family at the end of June 2014. Honestly, I was not too impressed. The terrain was extremely muddy and rocky; this plus the several switchbacks along the trail made for a fairly unpleasant climb. The bugs, particularly the black flies, were ravenous, too. When we did reach the summit, the restricted views did not satisfy us; it was hazy and the farthest we could see were the houses of Rumney beneath us.

Great hike with the kids and pup. Lots of fun, unfortunately a cloudy day, so no view from the top. A few slick spots, but pretty easy.

Great moderate hike for my kids ages 7 & 13. We also took our 11 month old yellow Lab along with us for his 1st hike and he loved it. I would do this hike again

8/1/13-Hiked with my 11y old son and 10month golden. Nice moderate climb. Not well marked though. Great rocks for lunch spot up top.

Great family hike with easy to moderate pitches. Great views to the south from the half exposed top.
Took this hike in Mid-April. Needed Microspikes on the top half of the trail. Monorail, Ice and lots of mud.

Great moderate hike. Trailhead is in walking distance of our home so we do this hike frequently. Trail is well marked. Snowmobiling trail intersects the main hiking trail in several spots.....for those that want a different route you can always follow snowmobile trail to top, less strenuous but still offers same distance and gets you to the same summit. Great views once on top!

Great winter hike! 3.2 miles round trip, not well marked, but packed down quite nice. Great view.