Pratt Pond Loop

Pratt Pond Loop is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Greenville, NH that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until January. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

3.5 miles Loop

canoeing

whitewater kayaking

Nice hike. Hunting season so wear bright colors.

I've been searching for a spot to run my almost 2 year old lab that wasn't overly exerting for me. This is it! I walked clockwise around the loop. The path was easy with little to no incline. It was quiet and just what I was looking for. The directions on here got me there no problem and the trail was easy to follow.

My husband, our dog, and I mountain-biked this trail in early September and trail conditions were mostly hard-packed dirt along true "trail" sections, and fine cinder on the rail trail. Some small segments had tree roots, loose gravel, sand, or erosion damage, but overall the trail conditions were great and easy to navigate. Some steep segments lent interest and challenge to the ride! Trail signage is absent, so next time I'll take along a GPS or bike computer to calculate distances, as we did have to question whether we were making correct turns along the way. (We biked in a clockwise manner - I wonder if we would have had less question moving around the pond counter-clockwise?)

The scenery was mostly forested, with a few areas with open marshy areas and of course, Pratt Pond. Parking was available along Pratt Pond Road adjacent to the trail and immediately southwest of a small boat launch. The directions provided on the site got us to the trailhead with no problem or confusion, as road signs along the travel route (from westbound 101) were available, which is not always the case in remote parts of southern NH... Overall, will look forward to doing this trail again.