Piper Mountain Trail

Piper Mountain Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Gilford, New Hampshire that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great hike during blueberry season. Views were not what I had hoped for but not bad considering there are taller mountains surrounding it. Peeks of the lake through the gaps.

I hike this trail at least once per month, probably more! Close to home, great views, nice access to continue on it I have more time. Great in all seasons and at all times of the day!

Great morning hike with dog an wife

A little harder than expected but do-able.

I agree with the last reviewer...this trail is very uphill on the way up the summit then obviously down hill if you take the same red marker trail back down. The summit is beautiful but yes I would classify this as hard.

This is a fantastic trail, but classifying it as 'Easy' is a bit misleading. I consider myself to be in great shape, and my friend has done more hikes than me, but we both had to stop a few times to catch our breath! Granted, it was about 90 degrees outside, but the incline is very steep pretty much the entire way up. I've done Mount Major a few times and felt that this trail was a bit more challenging; however, we didn't encounter anybody else on the trail that day, so it was very peaceful. The summit is super cool and the views at the top are spectacular. I would give this trail five stars, but it was very buggy at the summit and frankly that was a bit of a distraction. Would still do it again, though! Perhaps in the fall.

Good first time hiker trail. Loved it

Decent views, the rock chairs at the top were the best part