Percival/Morgan Loop Trail

Percival/Morgan Loop Trail is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Center Sandwich, NH that features a cave. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

cave

Great, well-marked trail on the easy side of moderate. Beautiful summit - great views! There was a small layer of snow / ice so we didn't go through the cave. Went up Morgan and down Percival - took about 2.5 hours. Descent speed reduced due to slippery conditions (wet leaves, some ice, and small amount of snow.) Loved this hike; will definitely do it again.

Hiked to loop on 2 different occasions. First was in December before snow. Had the trail to myself. 2nd time was Labor Day weekend and was very busy. Summit of Morgan was crowded. There was a line at the ladders with alternating ascent and descent. I prefer to go up Morgan and down Percival.

Really love that hike, rated a low moderated trail, good length for me and my chihuahuas, didn't go down by the ladder at Mt. Morgan because it was broken but you can go by the cliffs side. Gorgeous view of Squam Lake, took us 1hr to the parking lot to Mt. Percival Summit. We went to Mt. Webster too, trail was Ok, different angle for the view on the lakes but really nice panorama on a valley.

Great views, super fun for kids over rocks and through crevasses.

Definitely a summer highlight! Pristine views along the way to the top and lots of fun with the caves and ladders! Don't forget though- always leave the trail cleaner than you found it. Carry out your trash, please!

awesome Hike. Just started hiking a week ago and didnt find it to bad. Just a little sore. Did a sunrise hike with one of my buddies who hiked a couple of times. Beautiful view.

wonderful

Great hike. Well marked trails. The ladders and caves made it a ton of fun for the kids who hiked it with us who are between 10 and 15. It is a bit longer then I like but I would do it again starting on percival so we could spend more time at the caves.

Great! Nice lake views at top.

Hiked many times. Awesome hike!!

Rocky scramble and a lot of fun!