Pemigewasset Loop

Pemigewasset Loop is a 28.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lincoln, NH that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from April until November.

bridge out

Lincoln Woods Trail Head Parking lot for a fee

I love this trail. moderately difficult if done over two days, and be sure to wear sunscreen + bring a warm sweater before summitting in the summer! please go.

My daughter and I hiked this loop in early October. This trail is an amazing challenge, I really am in awe of people who are able to run it. Fortunately the beauty of the wilderness is maintained except in some areas it is scarred by hikers and campers who did not practice leave no trace.
The hike was very beautiful but also very strenuous. The loop provide ten peaks to conquer 8 are over four thousand feet and 2 are over five thousand feet. We did it in 3 days, met a bear thankfully we had a bear canister from the park ranger and strung our dogs food between two trees. The trails are steep straight up the mountain and straight down except when entering and exiting the loop. We got a late start the first night and slept in remote site off of the Mt. Flume and Liberty. We did the loop clockwise where we found little available water except AMC provides access to a spring at Liberty spring if you hike down the MT 0.3miles towards the tent site so plan ahead. You then do not pass water until Garfield pond. The alpine ridge line was my favorite between Mt Lafayette and Garfield. We spent the night at Garfield pond area which was very beautiful. We cut through Franconia Brook trail which skipped 4 of the four thousand footers, quite frankly I was worn out! This made the trip 25 miles rather than 31. After Garfield there is pretty good water availability. When going through Franconia brook the terrain is easy and very beautiful, several streams needed to be crossed which was a lovely reprieve from the unusual heat wave of Columbus day weekend. The night we were near Mt Flume and Liberty Springs some back packers did not protect their food from bears and lost their food and had a visitor in their tent. This is the same area we had a bear encounter but due to planning for a visit the bear lost interest in our tent site. So take the bear warnings seriously. I lived and hiked in the Rockies, Longs Peak, Twin Mt Pemi Loop is far more strenuous so be ready!

This was a great day hike! I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a long, tough, but beautiful scenery in the woods. And along with all that, I grabbed 10 4000 footers! I'm a very experienced hiker, and I normally hike 60 miles in the Rockies a day, so this was like a short day to me! That being said, if you're inexperienced, then you probably want to camp to break it up a bit. A very pleasant day in the woods!

This was the most amazing hiking trip I ever did! We did the loop in 3 days, sleeping at Garfield the first night and Guyot campsite the second one. The first day was really hard since we did almost half of the whole loop, including Lafayette. The other two days were much easier though. Bondcliff and West Bond offers surprisingly beautiful views that we were not expecting at all! Temperature was amazing and the sky was really clear, making it possible to see as far as Mount Washington. I highly recommend this hike to anyone with a bit of experience and a desire for something challenging, you wont regret it!