Wapack Trail/Marion Davis Trail

Wapack Trail/Marion Davis Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Peterborough, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Parts of the Marion Davis Trail and Wapack Trail pass through The Nature Conservancy's Joanne Bass Bross Preserve, 501 acres of wilderness conserved in 2001. It's part of a 2,700-acre swath of contiguous conserved lands, including the Wapack National Fish and Wildlife Refuge on North Pack.

Wasn't prepared for the rockiness but it was a great hike. Fabulous views and the fall colors were beautiful! And my Setters loved!

great views throughout the hike!

Nice easy kid friendly, dog friendly trail. Great for a short morning hike before lunch.

This is a great hike for a reasonable investment of time. It's listed as hard which is appropriate at certain stretches but at other times it's moderate. The view is quite good at the top and you have the option of the auto road if you want another option straight up or down. Not as visually breathtaking as its close neighbor Mount Monadnock but well worth the time. For the best circuit I recommend going up the Wapack and down the Marion Davis trail.

It wasn't difficult.. Good rocky trail

Went up Wapack, the trail listed as hard, and down Marion Davis. Did the Summit Loop at the top and took the Spruce Knoll trail to the overlook. Was wet and foggy so no views but was a good, if short, hike with the dog.

Wapack has some good scrambles and rocks at the start and is a fun hike. Marion Davis was decent.

I wouldn't classify either as "hard" or "difficult" but can see parts of Wapack giving people a hard time.

1st hike ever for my wife an I. today was foggy with mist and 62 degrees. besides the lack of view it was perfect weather as it kept us from sweating up too badly. More strenuous than I expected but made up relatively easy. due to the wet rocks we decided to walk down the auto road. great day.

Fun day hike. Go up Wapack and down Marion. Wapack is steep and rocky for much of the way. It would be a bit more treacherous going down than up in my opinion. Nice views at top with bathrooms and water available.

First time hiking with my son. This trail was perfect for beginners.

Great trail to explore with our new adventurous puppy!

Pretty trail and dog friendly.

Great!

Great hike. We hiked from one Pack Monadnock to North Monadnock. Great views. Strenuous for us! Would do it again. Great birder on top of Pack Monadnock. He was knowledgeable & helpful.

Great hike with nice views of Boston from the top.

Up the front of Pack Monadnock to summit, to cliff trail, to North Pack, back to Pack summit then down Marion. Total per Trimble Outdoors app 8.5m. Some rain, fog no views, lots of leaves and quite slippery underfoot, but nothing mattered it was a wonderful 5 1/2 hrs. Can't wait to do this on a clear day. Snow shoes would be great also. Bonus-Cliff trail rock slide.

A beautiful and short afternoon hike from the Wildlife Refuge Center parking lot on Mountain Road to the summit of North Pack Monadnock. A wide variety of flora along the trail, one of the prettiest I have seen in a long time. The views from the summit, especially west to Monadnock, are stunning considering the mountain's modest height. Someone described the summit as "serene" and I would agree.

First time. Sunday of Labor Day weekend and I got there early before the crowds. An enjoyable day and I will definitely go back!

Beautiful day with my beautiful daughter on summit of North Pack.