North Mountain Loop Trail

North Mountain Loop Trail is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Deerfield, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Beautiful hike on a beautiful early fall day. Took Boulder Trail by accident instead of heading over to the Bypass road, because trail is not well marked at that point. But all's well that ends well. Ended up taking Boulder Trail to Round Pond Road, up the dirt auto road (Collins Rd) then finally back to North Mt. Bypass to finish the marked hike. Probably made this a 7 mile hike. I recommend the excursion because the ponds are beautiful.

As a beginner I thought the trail was definitely moderate. Hard at times mainly the beginning. We did find ourselves off the trail a few times and had to back track. The trail is poorly marked in spots. I can't wait to do it again!

Nice combination of easy and moderate. Well marked. Limited vistas.

The trail was a bit difficult in the beginning but overall a great hike!! Trail is well maintained. It was well marked for about 2/3 of the way. It's was a good thing we had the map from this app parts of the trail. We would definitely do this one again.

Great hike! Clean, not too many people, really pretty. Not totally flat, but a good low-key hike. Nice dirt road to enter, not a paved parking lot, and multiple trail heads so everyone's not starting from the same spot at the same time - more spread out. We'd do it again!

Great Trail! Some mildly challenging obstacles both nothing to difficult and the first 3/4 of the trail was very well marked, in fact it seemed to be remarked very recently. The last 1/4 or so the m marking became a little scarce, but the All Trails map guided me perfectly!

was a decent walk with the wife and two pups

I would call this easy, not moderate. There's some cool foliage but are we talking about the same summit here?? The views aren't that good... and I don't think it's really challenging at all for someone who's in at all decent shape. It was worth going once, but I may not go again.

Excellent hike. Some steep parts on either side of the ridge, so get a good workout in. We came in from Round Pond to Boulder to the North Mountain Loop and back for a total of 7 3/4 miles.

Great views from the summit. Our 10 year old Lab had no problems with any of the hike.

Hard to navigate

Nice climb good views. Good place to get the rust off.

This is a great hike! It is longer then 4 miles and you need to pay attention to the maps because the other trails can lead you back faster - or longer. We had a great time and will do it again!!

The top of this one has a great view! Lots of fun, not to hard

The full North Mountain loop is longer than 4 miles. I started and ended at the Reservation Road gate and followed the white trail markers. The park map (off the NH SP website) was a little confusing to follow at certain points so my mileage was increased due to a few turnarounds. In order to complete the loop, when you come to Round Pond Road - after about 4 miles - you need to go right and follow the road to meet back up with the white trail. It was a nice hike, with some decent views. There were no leaves on the trees so the lookouts were nice but they may not be that way when the trees have full coverage. The first part of the hike ,up to the summit, was a little challenging but afterwards the hike was pretty easy.