Newbury Cut

Newbury Cut is a 5.3 mile out and back trail located near Newbury, NH that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Sadly we didn't make it all the way to the summit, but the views along the way were pretty. Would go again.

Great hike! Beautiful view of Lake Solitude.

Very nice single-track climb up. Saw no one at all (nice change). Not too difficult for kids, if they're in shape.

Great Hike! Amazing Views!

I liked this trail a lot. It was steeper than we expected, but that added to the fun and challenge. We'll definitely do it again and try to make a large loop somehow. The views are certainly worth the climb.

Im not sure what "Newbury Cut" means, but this is the Andrews Brook Trail and it's four miles out and back. Good view of Lake Solitude from the ledges. I prefer this trek during the winter when im always alone out there, but I hear its quite popular in the summer and fall when tourist levels are the highest.

Great trail. Lots of mud but a good moderate trail. Not many people were around on a Sunday. However it was cloudy. We got a little scared after hearing purring in the woods. It was probably just a raccoon but with nothing around it was hard to push to the lake after that. I would go back with a larger group and bug spray.

My life changed because of the Andrew Brook Trail to Solitude Ridge. I started out as a 270lb 5'11" tall man who wanted to change his life. 13 years ago I began hiking this route twice a week for five straight months. A year later I was down to 160lb. I have now been married 10 years and have a 9 year old daughter and still weigh around 165lb. It is such a great and challenging hike with the views atop the ridge as a reward. I can't say enough about this hike. Changed my life!

Not sure if this trail, Newbury Cut, is the same as the combination of Andrew Brooks trail and 1.2 leg from Lake Solitude to Mount Sunapee summit. Personally, I do not think it is an easy trail. The climb to Lake Solitude is quite relentless, no breaks ascent in the beautiful forest, tree roots are all over. But when you get to Lake Solitude, you will see that the view is worth the effort. The tranquil lake covered with lilies is magical in its solemn serenity. After enjoying the lake view, we continued 1.2 miles to the Mount Sunapee summit. This leg was relatively easy with only one tricky spot that required caution and a bit of rock scrambling. Do not miss beautiful overlook on the way to the summit: you will enjoy the view of Lake Solitude from the top and the view is absolutely stunning, breathtaking. The views from the summit are majestic: it is 360 degrees panorama of New Hampshire and Vermont mountain ranges with beautiful Lake Sunapee at the bottom. Well, it is a long hike but very pleasant and not too difficult. Good for dogs and kids.