Mount Willard Trail

Mount Willard Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Carroll, New Hampshire that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From I-93 exit 35 near Franconia Notch, follow US Route 3 (North) about 11 miles to the junction of US Route 302 in Twin Mountain, turn right on US Route 302 (East) about 8.7 miles. Trailhead is located behind the railroad depot (AMC Crawford Notch Visitors Center).

Good easy winter hike! Low grade!

Great little hike. Don't plan your day around it though, it took less than an hour and a half in the winter. I would say you would rarely need spikes. Great little vista at the top of the trail!

Hiked Mount Willard in the beginning of December and it felt like a winter wonderland. Saw a few friendly hikers along the way. Something I liked was that there were just enough hikers there but not over populated and still enjoy the peacefulness of nature.

Beautiful, easy hike!

Excellent family hike even with some snow. We lucked out with the weather since it was cold enough that it wasn't muddy and the trees were covered with a snow down to the trunks, making for gorgeous views all the way up. Hearing the kids (7 & 9) say "whoa!" when we popped out at the summit and saw the view made it more than worth it. Some low cloud cover, but the views were still great. Snowy tree-tops made it unique. Friendly, light traffic on the trail (Sunday), many with 1 or more dogs. Kids liked navigating the two small water crossings at the start of the trail and the hair/needle ice crystals at the trail's edge. Popped in at the AMC Center for a patch. Another successful November hike in the White Mountains.

Very snowy easy walk past train tracks to get to trailhead. Was snowing about 2" the last time we went and was very chilly at the summit! Beautiful view and easy for almost anyone.

Easy hike for an amazing view !!

This is a hike I've been doing this hike for 30+ years, my kids grew up doing this and when we finished they had to cross the street and do Elephant Head. I brought the G'kids, age 4 & 6 this year - they loved it too! The bonus after the 2 hikes was they still had energy to play on the AMC playground before falling asleep in the car on the way home!

Did this trail back in August...The hike up was pretty easy and the view at the top was amazing

I hiked this over the summer. And the view was so amazing! It had been a stormy day so I saw the fog billow over the the mountain tops. And I was able to look down on a rainbow.

Beautiful trail and easy hike. Only down fall was the peak was so crowded.

Very easy hike with a great view!

I found this to be an easy trail to hike