Mount Tecumseh Trail

Mount Tecumseh Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Waterville Valley, New Hampshire that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, downhill skiing, and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

The smallest of New Hampshire's 4,000 footers (standing at 4,003 feet tall) sits adjacent to Waterville Valley Ski area. A lovely hike to do during any season! Follow the trail 1.2 miles to a view point then another 1 (steep) mile to the cross trail between the Tecumseh Trail and the Sosman trail. From there, the summit is 0.3 miles away. There are limited views, but it is still beautiful!

Definitely one of the easier of 4000 footers. 5 miles total took 3 hrs in snow. Great views.

Great winter hike great views.

Beautiful winter day! The long seemingly strait trek up was a good one for our first winter 4,000 footer. No need for snowshoes, though the eastern half of the summit loop was far less packed than the western part. Did not use our snow shoes but the micro spikes made for a much easier climb.

Decent hike with gradual elevation with two water crossing. I went with my Meetup group with 17 others. It was cloudy and didn't get any good view. We hiked back on ski trail which wasn't open for skiing. It was a mile lesser than the trail. We did butt slide on the ski trail and it was a lot of fun. We finished the loop in less than 4 hours

Definitely a good first hike if you're starting the 48. Needed good traction boots and three layers. About two inches of snow at the top. The view is sub par. You get a good look at Lafayette and the snow on Franconia notch. Round trip from top to bottom was about 3.5 hours.

Lots of diversity in a short distance. 3 stream crossings; gradual and beautiful woodsy walk into the real climbing, and impressive trail work (stone stairs in many places, making it an easier ascent for novices.) My pup and I ascended from the Waterville Valley parking lot and came down the same way - took us about 3.5 hours roundtrip. Next time hope to continue on the Mount Tecumseh trail through to Tripoli road. With some ice/snow on the trail, it's no longer an easy hike. I'd say moderate. Pack some spikes in your bag :)

This was a great little trail. we have hiked much longer trails and higher mountains, but my son and I had a great time here. not too long, or difficult, but with snow and ice concerns on higher peaks we decided to hike here. Everyone said the views were not that great, so it was a perfect mountain for a cloudy overcast day. The summit was in the thick clouds with light snow flurries off and on, but no spikes needed. Crazy amount of work went into the many stairs which made the descent much easier. A couple brook crossings, and a few lookouts. overall had a great time. Had to get it out of the way if I am ever going to get all the 4k peaks, and today was a perfect day for it.

Would not call this easy, definitely a moderate hike with some steep areas. Took us about 4 hours round trip with some breaks. Decent view at the top! Overall a nice hike!

I disagree with the rating of easy. I'd say it's a moderate trail. There are some steep areas.