Mount Roberts Trail

Mount Roberts Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moultonborough, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Mt. Roberts is the westernmost peak in the Castle in the Clouds complex in the Ossipee Mountains. While the summit features strong views to the north, perhaps the most scenic portion is the ledge area along the Mt. Roberts Trail. The Lake Winnipesaukee views from this section are second to none.

Beautiful well marked trail. Easy hike with only a couple steep sections in the beginning. Fantastic views along the way.

Great view!

Great start and summit. The mid section was slippery with loose rocks. Definitely need to watch out on your way down.

Great views from the various scenic overlooks. The summit is anti-climactic with little view and a small sign marking the elevation. Unless you really want to summit, or are looping around to other trails, stop at the last scenic overlook.
I had an equipment failure (never wear new socks!) so that may have made my experience a bit jaded. Downhill was painful with all the rocks...likely made worse by my blisters.
Lots of bear and moose tracks in the mud bear the top, but none spotted.
Not sure if I would do it again and I definitely wouldn't bother summiting again.

We Hiked Mount Roberts Trail, This was a good hike with nice views of the lake. The summit has a few peek-a-boo views going north. Be sure to look back on your way up and take the spur trail about 1/3rd the way up. great views. Near the top the forest changes from deciduous to all conifer. pretty cool.

Once at the summit of Roberts we were left wanting more as it was a fairly fast hike. I looked at my all trails map and noticed the loop: high ridge down to cold spring trail. It looked promising and returned us back to our car.

It was certainly long, but not much of a Hike. I wouldn't recommend it unless your riding a horse or snowmobile. The high ridge trail/Cold spring trail was fairly flat with long sweeping switchbacks built for jeeps. Would be good for trail running. I was disappointing that it wasn't much of a hike and took forever. Plus there wasn't much views to enjoy as it was heavily forested. I missed the views of the Mt Roberts trail going down.

Great Views, 5.25 miles from the parking lot (not the trail head). There's a viewing area of the lakes about 1/3 of the way up. The trail to that point is very groomed and easy, so would be good for people looking for a view but not wanting to go all the way up.