Mount Pemigewasset Trail (Indian Head)

Mount Pemigewasset Trail (Indian Head) is a 3.3 mile out and back trail located near Lincoln, NH and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good hike. Mostly uphill. Due to other plans we had to turn back early but we went 1.7 miles and still could not see the end in site

well maintained, great view at the top. the guy at the information desk told us to return from the same route. Heard noise of 93 at the beginning, but it was quiet once in the forest.

Beautiful hike. I was alone and as such always looking for a hike that has enough people so I feel safe but not so many people that the nature feels overrun. This hike was perfect. It was challenging but not too hard and the leaves & views were amazing! Took me about 75 mins to hike up and an hour to come back down. Hard to find parking in the Flume lot on a gorgeous Sunday but it eventually worked out.

Unbelievable view of the foliage this weekend!

Loved this hike - the view on the top is so rewarding! Definitely requires good fitness levels - make sure you take enough water for the trip.

This was a strenuous trail.  Essentially it was 1200 feet elevation increase in 1.5 miles which is steep incline.  It's lots of large stepping on rocks and tree roots.  A hiking stick is definitely recommended.  Overall it was nice though that it is pretty much straight up once you get to the real part of the trail.  I say that's nice because some trails have 200 feet elevation change in the end but it was accomplished through 700 feet of up and down throughout, at least here you know what you are getting into.  On a clear day the views are absolutely astounding.  It feels like a great accomplishment with a great payoff.  The trail is well marked the whole way through.  A tip for starting the trail is take exit 34A of the highway I-93 and park in the Flume Gorge parking lot but park near the bus parking (off to the north or left) since that is where the trail begins.   It took us like 3 hours to do the trip and coming back was much quicker than going up.

trail is def moderate. consistent grade and we'll maintained. view from top for foliage is spectacular. parking at trailhead is free.

Great hike. Good for active families. About 3 hours round trip. Amazon views.

Well maintained trail and a hearty moderate hike up the mountain. It is a 1,200 ft or so elevation change. The Flume trail loop across the street is rated moderate and in my view you can't use that to gauge this hike, as Mt. Pemigewasset is more strenuous and a true moderate hike. We loved this hike. The summit is amazing and we spent an hour enjoying the views.

Awesome day hike!

Tremendous views into the valley below. Great for fall foliage

Beautiful view! Steady incline but not difficult.

What is the GPS address to get here? Wanting to go tomorrow- Many thanks! :)

Went with my daughter this week. well marked and maintained trail. Good uphill walk to the top. The summit is a stone plateau and affords almost 360 degree views of Franconia and to mount Washington. Highly recommended.

good trail give you some good cardio moderate hiking to intermediate most of it is all climbing there are no views until you get to the top which is awesome great view of the Indian Head
nice plateau on top plenty of shade where you can sit and eat
overall it's worth it..

This hike is right between easy and moderate. It's perfect for an intermediate hiker like myself. It was not steep but defiantly uphill. A little rocky in some places but still great. The top of the Indian head is an amazing view. There is a swampy area to the south where I swear I could see a moose wading in the water. There's a few stream crossings and you follow a beautiful cascading brook for the first half of the hike. Towards the top of the mountain you cross into a dark boreal forest. The transition is very quick. The trail is very heavily traveled by human and dog alike so I suggest going early like I did to get the cliff to yourself. Now every time I see the Indian head I can take pride in knowing I climbed it. Overall great hike would highly recommend.

Great hike. Moderate