Mount Osceola Trail

Mount Osceola Trail is a 12.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lincoln, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Breathtaking vistas of Kancamagus wilderness with a steep incline. This hike will bring you to the highest peaks of the Sandwich Range with good views to the east despite wooded summits This is a short but steep climb to get the tallest peak in the Sandwich Range and it's sister peak East Osceola. Although both summits are wooded there are ledges on the way up East and a viewpoint towards the east from Mt. Osceola. to get there you will take the Greely Pond Trail from the Kancamangus Highway to the Mt. Osceola trail which turns off to the west just before the ponds.

Good cardio workout. Great view from the top.
I took the trail from Tripoli road and reached the summit. There is a path that leads to East Mt. Osceola from the Mt. Osceola summit which is pretty steep. There is one big rocky steep which is called "chimney" by the hikers. There is an alternate route right beside the chimney which is a bit easier. I took the other route to descend while hiking to East Mt. Osceola. There are a couple of good views on this trail but East Mt. Osceola summit doesn't offer any view. Hiked back through Mt. Osceola climbing the chimney. Hiking chimney was fun. Lovely hike.

Great hike, very rocky. Entered via tripoli road and bagged East Osceola also

Great hike, beautiful summit views and a clear Trail to follow, skipped East due to fading daylight and ice but I'll be back to do that soon!

Loved this trail! Started at tripoli road and followed the Osceola trail to the summit and back the same way. Skipped the east peak. 6.4 miles in 4 hours total. Late September, cold at the summit! Great views.

I loved it my dogs loved it. Very rocky.

Definitely a perfect beginner 4000 footer! Osceola is a really kind and forgiving mountain. Other than a bunch of rock slabs towards the top, and maybe the length of the hike, I'd say this was an easy hike. Really rocky in the beginning but it was so much fun - and that view is worth every step! You can see mountains for days. My dog had a blast leaping over and up rocks as well.

The GPS took us to Greeley Ponds instead of Tripoli Road. When we saw we could summit Mt Osceola from here we went for it! Little did we know at the start that we chose perhaps the most difficult path to the top. My16 and12 year olds LOVED IT! My husband and I did too but it was tough at times. The summit is beautiful and the climb is something to be proud of. If you're in good shape - go for it!!

The climb up the Chimney was especially fun. There is a skirt around trail that dog owners can utilize. Great view at the top.

Great hike. Very rocky throughout, but the view at the summit is incredible. 2 1/2 hrs up and 2 hrs down. I started up at 8am and had the entire ascent and summit to myself.

These were our 2nd and 3rd 4000 footers (including E Osceola) and my boyfriend and I loved them! We started at the Greeley Pond trail off the Kancamagus hitting East Osceola first. Not a wide range of views at the summit, but still great. If you have the time, Osceola is a MUST! Totally worth the extra hour and a half hike to it. Spectacular views and a great little area to picnic.

Summited both peaks, waited for sunset, treated to an amazing view

Great hike. Next time will plan to hit the east peak.

Quick and easy hike up with fantastic views of numerous 4000 footers including Mt. Washington. Perfect introductory hike for people looking to start completing the NH 4000 footers Wouldn't recommend extending the hike to East Osceola unless you are peak-bagging because the summit is well below the tree line and offers little in terms of views.

Beautiful views from the summit. We hiked via Greeley Pond Trail and combined East Osceola and Osceola in one hike. See link for photos:

Great hike up, did not run into too many people along the way. I went up on a cloudy day but view was still gorgeous.