Mount Major Trail

Mount Major Trail is a 3.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Alton Bay, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A very short hike. The summit offers a spectacular 360 degree view. It's a bit icy on the rocks at the top. I took blue trail hiking up and took yellow trail back. The trails are marked well on the trees.
Definitely recommend !

Awesome fairly short hike with great views. Highly recommend watching the sunrise there.

If you want to enjoy nature, find another trail. Graffiti everywhere, music blaring on phones and speakers, very crowded and no trail etiquette. Not for me.

Love it

Extraordinary views from the top!

Totally worth the hike, a little tricky due to some wetness but overall an awesome experience.

Fairly easy climb with beautiful views!

We went up the blue trail and came down the yellow trail. Blue gets steep at the top and yellow is easy the whole way down.

Great in the fall for the leave changes. Tends to get very busy after 10am on the weekends. Great hike and amazing view

Fairly easy hike with some tricky spots.
Can't wait to do it when there's snow!

Great easy hike with a couple challenging parts. Went in October and still fairly dry. Pretty windy near the summit. My dog loves it. Definately less traffic than other mountains, perfect for a solo hike

My family and I climbed Mt Major today. We had a all different ages from 7 to 65. We went up and down the Orange trail (Boulder Loop). It had about 3 sections that were a bit tricky going up and down. However, we had a blast! The view from the summit was beautiful. The markers were easy to spot when we were climbing up. But, it was getting pretty dark (and eventually it was dark!) as we were descending and it got harder to spot the orange markers. It took us an hour and a half to get up and an hour and a half to get down.

Blue trail on the ascent and Orange on the way down. Very nice views some definite scrambling down rock ledge on the way down on the Orange trail.

awesome beginners trail
had a blast. bringing my 6yr old son with us next time

Well marked, great views.

Short easy hike. Kid and dog friendly