Mount Jackson Trail

Mount Jackson Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Twin Mountain, NH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Ascended Webster to Jackson. Wonderful hike. First mile is moderate/easy the last 1.5 mile to Webster summit is moderate/slightly hard. Right at the split of Jackson and Webster there is a BEAUTIFUL waterfall. My new favorite hike in NH now! The walk from Webster to Jackson is very nice easy stroll but once you get close you have to do some crawling/climbing. So nice and quiet. The trail was decently wet so at least in the fall I highly recommend boots that are at least slightly water resistant.

Loved this hike!! Considering I did this the day after mount chocorua, It was not difficult,I think moderate is fair. there was a light amount of snow, a good balance of ups and downs, and the scrambling was lots of fun. I had to put my spikes on 100-150ft before the summit. I will definitely do this hike again!

Great trail! Plenty of ups and downs for the first half. Then it turns into just up with the last bit getting pretty steep. Lots of rocks so I would not do this trail in bad weather. Could get slippery, especially scrambling over the rock at the top. Beautiful 360 degree views at the top. Will do this again when I am not pressed for time and can do the whole loop.

This was a great vista at the top w stunning views. The hike had good cover but was pretty wet post rain. A bit more technical than we expected w lots of rocks to climb over. The trip was 2.6 each way.

Amazing! Very beautiful trail with large rocks, lots of moss, a lot of streams and some fun scrambling.

Excellent, excellent trail! This was my first 4,000 footer, and it was brilliant. I'd definitely consider this trail "moderate", and caution the casual hiker to it's more difficult parts. There are unexpected rock scrambles that are a bit more like rock climbing, but are SO. MUCH. FUN. They're a challenge that allows you to push yourself, but not beyond your ability or comfort zone. And the view at the top, oh yes, so worth it.

We did this in about two hours each way, both of us pretty fit, and a decent pace with only a couple of breaks.

We had a little trouble finding the trail head, so if you're looking for it, it's best to park at a little pull off area near the Crawford Notch Depot. Across the road is the trail head, well hidden.

Definitely do this trail. And then don't be surprised if it becomes your favourite.

This was my first NH four thousand footer, can't wait to hike another one.

This was my first NH four thousand footer, and I hiked it with a friend in late August 2014. Although the climb up was sustained and moderately steep, with a section toward the top with some rock scrambling, the view from the top was utterly spectacular, with stunning 360 degree views of Mt. Webster, Mt. Pierce and the rest of the Presidentials, including the looming Mt. Washington. My friend and I ate lunch on the summit, getting a visit from the gray jays soon after we took out our food. This made for a memorable hike that I loved and will not soon forget.