Mount Chocorua Loop Trail

Mount Chocorua Loop Trail is a 8.9 mile loop trail located near Conway, NH that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A popular rocky traverse over a series of mountains in the Whites with terrific views. This is one of the most popular and beautiful hikes in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Mount Chocorua looks like the summit of a peak you may find in the Colorado Rockies! Once you get up to the ridge via the steep ridge trail you will be following a ridge traverse over several rocky peaks to the summit of Chocorua. There you will have amazing views towards Mount Washington and the rest of the White Mountains.

The Piper Trailhead is not for beginners . But once you make it to the summit it is amazing that's the only reason I gave it five stars

The way up to the summit was pretty difficult. Then again it was my first time hiking and I wasn't prepared really. Either way, it is still a long journey and took about 8 hours to complete the loop. Once you reach the top it was just amazing. We carried a drone and met a few people on the way. The trail itself isn't marked really well so just be careful not to get lost. Here is a great clip of what that journey was like.

pretty windy at the top. lots of fun.

Amazing trail and can be a great workout. My wife and I took 12 of our children that we hangout with that aged from 8 - 15. They loved the hike and for many of them it was there first hike ever. With lots of encouragement they all felt very accomplished when we finished the hike and the best part was most of them fell asleep on the way home. Great Mt.

I absolutely loved this was my first big hike. I didn't realize the height until after I was finished. I set out from the Piper Trail and never looked back. I totally enjoyed the first outlook as it took my breath away. The stone stairs are absolutely amazing and I am sure I will hike this again and again. The summit is one of the prettiest sights to see. I did not do the loop I returned the same way I went up. I will however hike up from a different trail next time.

Loved this hike. The first 5 miles are difficult but we barely saw anyone and the views were spectacular. When we reached the summit of Mt. Chocorua it was packed. Glad we took the path less traveled to get there. By far the most beautiful and difficult hike I've been on in a while.