Moriah, Carter Moriah to Stony Brook

Moriah, Carter Moriah to Stony Brook is a 9 mile point-to-point trail located near Gorham, NH and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

9.0 miles 3400 feet Point to Point

Excellent views of Madison and into the great gulf A series of ascending hills leads to the final push on Moriah. There are several excellent views to the North, West and South on this hike. The series of hills can be 'breathtaking' in several ways! :-) We did this with a slippery icy snow pack and it was more difficult than it would be in dryer weather. I suspect the stream crossings can be tricky in high water.

Beautiful snowshoeing trail, would have been perfect for a day hike but we we're heading to the Imp shelter, which we almost didn't find since the sign was under the snow. Thanks to our hand held GPS and the GPS in this all trails app we luckily found it before dark! Sunny ascent down the next day, I even finished in a tank top! Lots of bear scat and tracks but no sightings. Can't wait to hike this mountain again without the snow! But next time I might take the Imp trail it looks like it knocks off a mile or two, happy trails!